Transition Freelancer to Agogo dancer

shotover

I just got an email from the first Thai girl I spent more than one night with. She has worked the Soi 7 Beergarden - Thermae - Nana Disco circuit for several years (with a several month excursion working in a Phuket beer bar this past spring), and told me how she preferred freelancing over bar work due to the increased freedom.

So I was surprised to hear she recently went to work at the Hollywood 2 bar in NEP. It could be her face was too familar to the Beergarden / Nana Disco customers, and wasn't getting enough customers, though I never knew her to be hurting for customers in the past.

I wonder how she'll adapt to the gogo bar restrictions. (She can dance up a storm though).

Shotover

The summer before last in Pattaya, it was very slow, and a lot of freelancers started working in the Go-Go's because they pay competitive base salaries. Doing this enabled them to make ends meat during one of the worst off seasons in Pattaya's history.

This is interesting shotover because I recently met up with a few of my old favorites from Thermae that are dancing in Rainbow 2 of all places. I know some guys are ready to give me a good shot of the raspberries on this one, but it is true. There really are some decent looking women in Thermae that look outstanding on stage topless.

Obviously, due to age or whatever you usually see the reverse: old, 'washed-up' gogo dancer retires to the freelancing life in Thermae.

But, these three ladies had the looks, the bodies, and...the desire to make more money. And, I think you all know where this is heading. One told me she easily makes 3,000 baht and up a night from Asian, mostly Japanese men. She even cut off her long beautiful black hair in favor of a short, stylish BLONDE look. GAACK! But, it is working as she attracts plenty of Japanese men in Rainbow 2 leading to big paydays.

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I would post an update on the former Soi 7 Beer Garden / Thermae / Nana Disco freelancer who told me prior to my recent trip she is now working at Hollywood 2.

My 3rd night in Bkk, I'm walking across Soi 4 about 2:30 am when I hear my name called and see the former freelancer approach me. I thought she looked good and seemed happy. She wasn't barfined that night so she was going to the Grace Hotel (I already had a companion that night).

Said she was getting barfined at least every other night and was making more money dancing than freelancing, though she did not like the long work hours and less freedom than she had as a freelancer.

I went to see her at the agogo a few nights later, and saw her use little energy dancing, but worked the crowd between sets very effectively. Her excellent English probably was an asset here.

I think she's found a home for a few years.

Archived