Easy Thai - English-Thai Email system

hall

Hi all.

Was unsure if this topic is Language or Technology so put it in General!

For those members that are able to read/write in Thai language check out www.Langoo.com. You can send and receive Emails in Thai or English or a mixture.No thai fonts required and no software required.

The site is NOT a translation site but if you read/write Thai it is (imho) brilliant.

The site can also be used to send/receive Emails in nearly every known language without installing fonts or software.

Cheers Hall

Thanks for that, looks good. I can speak passable Thai, but having a look at the site, anyone with a basic English-Thai dictionary can now send an e-mail in Thai script. Translating back the replies could be tricky.

Hall. Thank you...just what I needed for my wife...so she can write with her family. Had loads of problems making my mail program read Thai.

Just saved me hours in front of the comp.

You just made my day

Soibaet. Yep it really is brilliant! Only wish I'd known about it months ago. Would have saved me hours of frustration!!!!

Chocolat Steve. As Boo says I think kesmanee is the way to go. I actually can't recall ever seeing pattachote keyboard.

Cheers Hall

Thanks, I tried emailing a message and not sure if i did it right. it said what language do i want to view the site in? (english), what language do i want to write in? (thai-ked). i'm assuming as i was writing in english the characters were being translated correctly. well, only one way to find out and that's when the girl i wrote replies. I couldn't tell if i typed right. I couldn't find anything that would translate it back.

I do like it though....if it works

Steve. Just to double check you. You view site in English and write in Thai ked as you say. To send a message go to 'in box' then 'compose'. After hitting the 'compose'icon you should get 'please wait' and after a few seconds the thai ked keyboard should then appear. You then 'type' from the keyboard using thai language. To type in English click on'A' .

To return to thai click on ฟ . The system will not do translation for you. If you type in Thai-it transmits in Thai and if you type in English it transmits in English. If you use a mixture -that's the way it will send the message. Hope it's working for you.

Cheers Hall

Archived