Yahoo email driving me to murderous rage!

For months now, ever since I made the mistake of clicking on Yahoo mail's "update to our new look" link, I have had an infuriating problem. More than half the time, when I check a bunch of boxes to mark messages for deletion, and then click "Delete," the messages don't delete! I will often try ten times in a row with the same result, and then on the 11th try they delete.

Right now I've been trying to clean out my inbox and at least ten times in a row the messages don't delete, and I have to go back each time and hunt for the messages to mark for deletion. My inbox is filling up and I can't make more space!

I always log on from internet cafes in Thailand. I have tried setting the security level of the Internet Explorer to low, and it doesn't work. I've found nothing on the web about this problem, and I can't believe it is only happening to me. I'm not emailing Yahoo because they don't give any help.

Another error I often get is that when I click on "Reply" to a message, Yahoo takes me to a blank "Compose" screen instead of a reply screen. Usually, I back click and try again and I get the reply screen the second time. This is not nearly as big a problem as the delete issue.

I have several Yahoo email accounts and, as far as I can recall, this only happens on one of them--the one I use most often.

CORRECTION--it's happening now in one of my other Yahoo accounts. I'm clicking "SEND" and it takes me instead to a blank "COMPOSE" screen. Then when I back click I get the old "PAGE HAS EXPIRED" message and I lose the text I typed.

Has now happened three times in a row.

Has this happened to anyone else and is there a solution?

Thanks.

A week or two after switching I had a problem with one (among three active) yahoo account that was displaying text really large. The problem was independent of the browser I was using because it woul happen on IE, Opera and Mozilla. The problem fixed itself after a week or so.

Nonetheless try mozilla or opera. try clearing your cache, and cookies.

AG

Says think_too_mut:

Never heard of problem like yours. I've been using Yahoo mail for 2 years, updated it to a "new look".

In mail options, see that you have checked:

Move/Delete messages:

Go to the next message afterwards.

Replying:

Include full original message when replying.

Well, I tried checking "Go to next message afterwards" and the problem, so far, has not returned. Thanks. But I have no idea why that should have been causing the problem!

Well to give you peace of mind, I have also experienced both the problems you have had, Somedays I can not delete messages from my in box no matter how many times I try, I then try again at a later time and they can be deleted, Also had around half the time when replying to a message ,it takes me to compose a new message, Also checked my options after reading this thread but they are set correctly, I never really worried to much about it as I just use a yahoo account for some back up stuff and to keep some of the junk email out of my real email address,

Archived