Strength of a relationship

Pharcyde

"Take her to sweden with a tourist visa for 3 months and when she is here and the visa ends u cna extend it for another 3 months from sweden, i think she could like the idea to come here and see how you live... so 6 months and then she needs to leave and she can return again with a new VISA. its easy and its done in a week to get the VISA from thailand for sweden. "

Akarr, why do you want this girl in Sweden? Can't you find your own?

The fellow is from Denmark :D

Akarr, why do you want this girl in Sweden? Can't you find your own?

The fellow is from Denmark

wopppsss!!!!!!!!!

hehe thougt i saw in a earlier post someone said sweden... but sure denmark is the same as sweden they are in schengen

following countries is in Schengen.........Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain and Sweden

same rule apply for the visa and they can travel to all countries with same visa

but sure denmark is the same as sweden they are in schengen

Hi Akarr,

Concerning the Schengen part you are right. However, concerning Denmark being the same as Sweden in regards to visa regulations etc. You are very wrong.

I guess you haven`t been reading the news lately, but given your current situation that is understandable :)

However, several of your cabinet ministers have been giving Denmark a lot of heat due to the way we enforce the visa regulations.

Denmark has in fact effectively cut back the number of immigrants applying for visa by 50% in less than a year due to the new government and their very strict policy concerning immigrants.

Subsequently Sweden is experienced an similarly increasing number due to their some would say humane others naive immigration policy.

Fact is, it is a Hell of lot easier to get a visa for Sweden than it is for Denmark.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

You are correct my friend but i wa assuming it was tourist visa she was going to apply for........... not asylum where even in sweden its a 3 year wait time before they get rejected. there is difrent types of VISA as you know. and tourist visa is with Schengen rules and standards. for a work permit or a lvl 3 VISA the countries themselfs have a timeperiod wich they approve or deny them. current situation in denmark are and proposed to go trough is that a foreigner that wants a workpermit or to be neutralized is a waiting period of 7 years. also they talk about to have language skill testing for applying for a permanent VISA the one you get to stay as long as you want. so let mer repeat SCHENGEN rules apply in all the coutries that are members, for Tourist VISA and so on. the timeperiod in those countries differs alot. i know in sweden its 2-3Years , Denmark its 7years (not sure if they started with it yet.) so for the scandinavian coutries its Norway that its easiest for the girls to get VISA and stay. Finland is the country that has the smallest number of approved VISA.

but i never hear that about Tourist VISA before.

as long as you can provide for her show you have a steady income and she has a ticket when she apply for VISA then its no problem. use a "Notarius Publicus" to make the papers they help you out with all stuff you need.

my thoughts:

1. its impossible for your average couple to maintain a trusting/loving relationships without seeing each other for 2 years

2. everyone has the ability to fall in love with more than one person ie.there is never only one person in the world for you - bearing this in mind i believe it would be better for both of you to finish the relationship and find someone else - whayt is the point to starving yourself of love/intimacy/sex etc for 2 years when you will both probably be equally happy by falling in love with someone new

::

Hi Akarr.

Sorry, you were right. We were indeed talking about a tourist visa. I overlooked that completely.

Incidentally, last year my wife applied for a tourist visa for her 32 year old unmarried and unemployed sister. She wasn`t granted the visa because the immigration authourities believed that she didn`t have sufficient ties to Thailand and that her sole purpose of gaining this tourist visa was to get permanent residency by marrying some poor sucker. And I suspect they were probably right too.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Good luck with you upcoming trip :)

In sweden it dont matter if she gets married here or not. they can refuse her VISA even if they are married and can require up to 2 years before they grant her a 1 year visa or something like that, they are totally crazy at the imigrations here......... they do as they plesae...... also heard on the news here about imigration personel that was in Poland for a seminary, they went out and on the tax payers account they had a good time with the polish hookers there.. off course tehy denided it and said they didnt know what it ws and that they only drink beer for 500 dollars per person

As you said,its true, the visa and migration regulations have tightened up here in Denmark with the new govt.. I actually have heard about several danish-asian couples who after several attempts on getting a "green card" granted had to give up, and have now moved over the waters to the Swedish side of Öresund. It is just a 15 min ride over the bridge, and probably not too much of a cultural hassle as Denmark and Sweden arent too far apart (exept for the beer and alcohol prices..:)

As for me, No I would prefer If I can return to Thailand, because I believe it to be easier for me to assimilate to Thai-life than my girl friend doing it the other way round. ::

If it is not possible to remain in my temporary correspondence-relationship, then I shall rely to earlier posting, and just allow myself to fall in love with someone else, oh yes. ::

Pharcyde,

She is in Bkk and I am in New York. You can't get any further than that. I have been seeing this TG for almost two years and we have planned to get marry next year. To be honest with you, my relationship is only going so so at this point. It has been 5 months since I last saw her and the next time I see her is in Christmas. It has been tough on both of us. She's there and I am here. Even though we promised to trust and keep each other informed on a daily basis, it is not working like I am there. Sometime I was a little bit too worry about her and that caused a friction in our relationship. Last week she told me that she needs a little bit of space. I understood what it meant. May be I shouldn't expect too much out of this long distance relationship. I found out that communication is so important and how much each of us willing to make it work. I know I have tried very hard but deep in my heart I don't foresee a good future out of this relationship. May be it would work for you as it did to many others. Good luck to you and wish you all the best of lucks. csm

Archived