Pg 162 of Private Dancer - scribe's role

Was reading page 162 of the Private Dancer about the scribe's role. (Scribe - the person translating the letters in English to Thai and vice versa - often a farang living in Thailand for some time or some educated Thai in both languages).

Most girls will tend to let the scribe dictate the letter content.

While in Samui with a BG I was checking email, I'd tried to show her something but she couldn't understand a word of the email and didn't seem to have any idea how it worked. But now 2 months later I'm getting well written emails from her.

No point there either.

my girl cannot read/write english and when she receives e-mail from me or sends to me then she has to go to translation service.

her em's are never the same and she talks of her family,friends and what she has been doing lately.

i can understand the girls having someone else to send a standard em to their man to keep him sweet.

but at least i know my girl is making the effort to compose her em to me,and the same goes for her best friend,who writes to me every week.

quote:

Originally posted by KhunCoCo:

While in Samui with a BG I was checking email, I'd tried to show her something but she couldn't understand a word of the email and didn't seem to have any idea how it worked. But now 2 months later I'm getting well written emails from her.

No point there either.

Sure there are even 2 points:

BG's learn fast and you are a great teacher!

laugh.gif" border="0

My last day in office.

One more wakeup and the time it takes to leave and LOS - here I come!

See you all

Archived