Best Indian Restaurant

Indian on top of Rembrandt it is!!!

Good food, that coming from an Indian girlfriend, Indian Embassy eats there as well.

All the others, while about 10 - 20% cheaper, are half as good!

HOWEVER - the Singapore cheap MacDonalds type restaurant in Soi 20 is good value for lunch!

Get a window table at Rembrandt! View is great

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi jimmie,

The best Indian food I have eaten in BK was at The Warbler, Soi 4. I don't know if it's available every day.

I didn't like the atmosphere at the Rembrandt and I have been offered some really horrific stuff at other places I have tried - including some mentioned here. Also, I found the menu at the Rembrandt limited and uninteresting.

Now, what is excellent in the Rembrandt Hotel is Senor Pico's Mexican Restaurant. I am not such a big fan of Mexican food but here it is good and the atmosphere unbeatable. Live Cuban band often.

Khwai

Hi karl,

Update - there is a new place opened called the Food Loft on floor 7 (the top) of Central Chid Lom. It is like an up-market food court with several food stalls - Thai, Italian, Indian... and a central seating area (not central really - on one side).

The Indian food is excellent - better than anything I have found in BK previously. Prices low - moderate.

Khwai

Each time I have eaten Indian food in Thailand I've been gravely disappointed. I must have been picking the wrong places but I don't think the Indian food in Thailand compares very well with what you can get in western countries, especially England. Is it just me or do some of these Indian restaurants in Bangkok actually cook a decent curry?

We tried the International Buffet at The Warbler last Friday night for the first time, and the Indian food was indeed excellent. I see,too, that the regular menu lists a variety of Indian dishes.

BTWto Sarasin: Did you happen to be in The Warbler last Friday night, Valentine's Day? There was a guy in there, around 7:30 or 8:00 p.m., shooting the shit with Santos, and something made me wonder if that was the immortal Sarasin. Definitely an American.

Archived