Buying a Gogo Bar in Nanaplaza

Got a question I will be teaching in Thailand hopefully within the next 6 months if everything falls in play, but I was reading this tread and I was thinking maybe someday I would be interested in owining a bar(probably a g-go, but not 100% sure). Well to cut to the chase some recommend to " manage a bar for a while to get to know the business from the inside. " that souds like a very intelligent idea, my question is are the any night-time jobs)night-time as I will be teaching doing the day. I wanted to know if anyone knows hoe diffecult it is finding a job at a go-go club as say a Assitant manager, or any job that would help me get my feet wet to learn the business?? I am not looking to make much money, but to really learn the business for a 1 or more and then decide if it's someting I can handle. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks in advace for your time. Kevin J. Mullen Jr

it will be very difficult doing teaching at the day and working in a bar at night, you gotta sleep also at some point of the day.

basically, you have to hang around the bars, make friends, ask barowners or managers about that subject. generally speaking, you might make just enough money to survive at the beginning, but will learn if you like it or not.

Says kpanther777765:

...I wanted to know if anyone knows hoe diffecult it is finding a job at a go-go club as say a Assitant manager, or any job that would help me get my feet wet to learn the business??....

Hi KPanther,

some bar owners and some people who know the business very well are on this board. I think, best would be to e-mail them and hopefully they can help you in this matter.

However, good luck for your start in Thailand :)

Says flyonzewall:

>>>>>>What are your thoughs on this guys? <<<

manage a bar for a while, get to know the business from the inside, get to know the right people, and then decide.

This is the major point. You have to know what you're going to get involved with. Know the scene/power-structures. Apart from the money - how much time/energy are you willing to invest? To invest in a GoGo in Nanaplaza will only be rewarding if you have a grasp of 'what's going on'.

A teacher at my previous school, owned a bar in the Koa San Road area and worked at my school.. He did not last that long since he found it difficult to make it to the 9am start of the school day. You would probably not make a good teacher if you are fighting fatique all day and for that reason alone I would discourage it

Archived