Christmas postage?

camerashy

Does anyone here have any experience with getting mail from overseas to a village in Isaan in time for Christmas, and vice versa. I mean, how long would it take airmail from Australia to there. My GF today informed me that she is sending me a present for Christmas :D and will be posting it about the 21st Dec. "By plane, 3 days plenty!" she says, but somehow I doubt it. Post office staff here are not helpful, saying up to 3 weeks. Shit, I could sail a boat there in that time.

Any first hand experiences, guys?

"By plane, 3 days plenty!" she says, but somehow I doubt it. Post office staff here are not helpful, saying up to 3 weeks. Shit, I could sail a boat there in that time."

No way you will be able to get it in 3 days. It takes about a week in normal season, dunno about xmas. My experiences are based upon Thailand-Norway and visa versa. And not village, but town in Isaan.

Cheers!

think_too_mut, are you talking ordinary letters, or parcels? I am not sure if there would be a difference between the two, but suspect a package may take longer.

Also, how secure is the Thai postal service? I am not thinking about money in letters, but bulky parcels that fairly obviously contain gifts etc?

I sent something a few weeks ago with the normal airmail service they have in Thailand on a Thursday and it arrived in Sydney the next tuesday.

"pet pet spice up your life"

>are you talking ordinary letters, or parcels?

Parcels. Not a single one got lost or raided.

Just today, she received the one I sent on Friday. Friday to Monday, that's all it took.

With all the technology available, I am not sending any hard copy letters.

Postcards - yes. With 120+ postcards from around the world, we'll look good at the Embassy. And all the cards arrived on time.

do not know about christmas...

but i send my new year cards always in january to customers, friends, relatives in europe, asia, usa...

the westerners always understand that one living in LOS is always a bit late and the asians think it's for chinese new year!

Archived