Again.. Work Permit / Re-entry permit problem

Fidel

Ok,

I'd appreciate some help here. I now have an updated situation.

The guy in my school who had said that he had already applied for my work permit was.. surprise surprise, lying.

Having had the entire duration of my first non-immi b.. followed by a one month tourist visa and then followed by about 6 weeks of my second non-immi B he finally admited he hadn't bothered to apply for the damned thing.

He only actually got round to it when I told him I was leaving the country.

OK, so he got the documents together and went to Prachuapkirikhan town today. He told me my WP would be ready on December 12th.

Now, the WP will be valid until the end of my non-immi B...

the thing is... I leave Thailand on Dec 20 and return on January 9th. My visa expires on the 8th of January.

Any ideas on what I can do? Can I get my non-immi B visa extended which will in turn extend the WP? I have a receipt from the labour department for the WP which can confirm I have applied for it.

My assumption is that I will need to go to immigration and show them the receipt and ask for an extension.... is this the case? Then I have a feeling that I need to leave the WP with the labour dept to get it extended...

Can anyone clarify?

Thanks,

This is how I see it.

First this guy is lying to you about the "applied" work permit and now he's telling you that you'll receive this work permit on December 12th. I don't know what to believe from this guy anymore, so if I were you, taking in consideration that you'll arrive in LOS Jan. 9 while your VISA is valid till Jan. 8, I would try to extend this NON-IMM. B that you have now.

IMO extending an existing VISA is easier than applying for a new one.

Anyway, I hope you'll get your work permit, but I'm just a little bit worried about this 'liar' who may get you in trouble.

By extending your NON-IMM. B a lot of nasty situations will be avoided. And if you for some reason won't get your WP before your trip to farangland, you could always apply for it once you're back.

Hope the other guys can help you and correct me if I'm wrong.

Goodluck.

Thanks,

The guy did give me a slip of paper from the labour department which has a date, December 3rd, written on it in Thai. I'm told this is when I have to pick up the WP. I believe it will be easier to get an extension of the non-immi B with a WP. I'm going to take some time off work (Their Fault) and go to Bangkok to sort it out.

See ya!

Archived