Silver Dragon - Moving Up the Chart Fast!

Sarisin

Sorry I couldn't make it over to the goings on over at Genesis last night - really wanted to take in that Banana Eating Contest.

But, I was way laid in NEP checking out some new and resurrected gogo bars. Last night was one of those nights I just wanted to never end. Every bar I went into was more fun than the last.

I'm not sure about the status of my Top Ten Bangkok Gogo Bars on the paysite, but I really have to insert Silver Dragon in the top five.

Last night I was totally astounded with the number of stunners and fine quality ladies they had on-stage. I talked to the mamasan and they picked up half of the Rock Hard girls (the other half went to Silver Dragon's 'sister' bar in SC, Shark). They now have 61 dancers at Silver Dragon. They had four shifts of about 12 each on stage last night when I was there. One shift had at least 10 stunners that had me and the venerable old rictic in Drooling Mode.

The other thing in addition to the beauty is the energy and fun in the bar. The girls were laughing and horsing around on-stage in addition to really boogeying instead of shuffling. In fact, there were even several attractive nude dancers available.

All in all a great bar and I think the secret is out as the place was pretty packed until closing. Put a stop at Silver Dragon on your sanuk itinerary and you won't regret it IMO.

Also, visited the new Temptations and the resurrected Lollipop. Truth be told, most of the ladies are beauty-challenged, but they are lots of fun. These two bars were empty and my friend and I took them over and had a great time.

Finally, The Cathouse continues to be my favorite starting place in NEP. Wonderful gals and a great vantage point for all the happenings in the plaza - even spotted a wild bargirl catfight in front of Fantasia last night! Sorry to see though that the Topcat himself was not in attendance last night - something about staying home and looking at the photos in old issues of National Geographic. Don't worry TC, I took good care of your kittens and left them with plenty of candy canes. ::

Drooling is an understatement, if I had stayed there much longer the place would have flooded. Its not just the dancers there are some very fine looking serving wenches in there as well.

Went to Silver Dragon for the first time last week and was frankly disappointed. The bar had few customers and plenty of girls, but at 1 pm most looked like they were waiting to go home. There was one peroxide blond girl with shades on that really stood out but other than that nothing to stop me going next door to Mandarin.

As they say in some publications, things change, good places become bad, bad places become good. You were there a week ago we were there last night. I agree last week was dire but believe me last night there were some REAL honeys in there.

Firstly, I would have to agree with the subject line of this thread. Since the place had the decorators in it has gone from strength to strength.

I was there last Saturday (a week ago yesterday as I recall ::)and the place was a little slow to start off with (punters very thin on the ground) but by around 10.00pm everything was going well with a nice atmosphere.

Unfortunately soon afterwards the word went around that Bangkoks finest would be making their rounds. Whilst it could not be described as a stampede but less than 15 minutes later (if my Heineken pickled brain remembers correctly) the number of stunners and dancers in general had decreased significantly. Shame. I'm not going to start speculating why so many left in such a short period (there are plenty of legit reasons as well as bad why this might have happened and without the inside scoop on the real deal it wouldn't be fair right?!). Anyway I was also out the door fairly soon after.

Next stop Bottoms Up with a nervous looking manager in the outside beer bar part twitching his head around like a goose on speed. Not long after the news of a visit proved to be well founded. Ho hum.

Sadly, couldn't make it to SD with week but a beer (at least) is a must for me every trip to NEP. Sorry you didn't like it JW, but that is part of the joys of NEP - if you don't like one bar try next door it may have everything you desire the moment you pull back the curtain :).

D

Says Dapper:

Sorry you didn't like it JW, but that is part of the joys of NEP - if you don't like one bar try next door it may have everything you desire the moment you pull back the curtain
:)

D

I think this says it all.

Different guys are looking for different things. I prefer the sanuk in the gogo bars, while well-known perverts like bibblies go where he can just ogle the stunners (just kidding bibblies - I like those places too sometimes :))

But, last night in Silver Dragon, I saw the best of both worlds. Some damn fine looking wimmen, and plenty of sanuk. That's why I decided to write it up here as opposed to, say, Temptations and Lollipop, which were high on the sanuk scale, but scored miserably on the, ahem, bibblies Scale.

Then there is always the quandry on whether to shoot myself in the foot by proclaiming a bar outstanding on this board. Yes, I think it draws customers to the bar (this has been confirmed by managers, etc. who told me customers mentioned the board and my reviews to them) creating a more crowded bar. No, I don't especially like overcrowded bars, and, hey, who needs the competition? :)

I guess in the final analysis it is proper to call 'em as I see 'em, and last night rictic and I saw a great bar. Next week, who knows? But, still I suggest you check it out for the reason above written so well by Dapper.

I said it elsewhere but it's a perfect size go-go in my opinion .. not too big and not too small with a good size stage.

I also like the place a lot ... good energy in there. Ex-TLR and ex-DHC girls there (friendly faces) and the DJ (also ex-DHC) plays good music, IMHO.

S,

I have been in there several times over the past few weeks.

Yes, the place is really starting to hop! ::

I only wish I could remember what was on stage when I was there Saturday night.... ::

Says Dapper:

Unfortunately soon afterwards the word went around that Bangkoks finest would be making their rounds. Whilst it could not be described as a stampede but less than 15 minutes later (if my Heineken pickled brain remembers correctly) the number of stunners and dancers in general had decreased significantly. Shame. I'm not going to start speculating why so many left in such a short period (there are plenty of legit reasons as well as bad why this might have happened and without the inside scoop on the real deal it wouldn't be fair right?!). Anyway I was also out the door fairly soon after.

Having checked this place out for the first time last night, I think it's only too obvious why there was a stampede to leave. ::

Archived