Koh Samui 1st Time

nkped

Koh Samui is definitely worth visiting. On the down side, accommodation is expensive compared to Pattaya but on the plus side, food/drink and sanuk is less expensive than Bkk.

Most of the girls seem to come from the South of Thailand unlike their Isaan counterparts in Bkk & Pattaya.

They seem to have a different attitude in that there is no pressure to buy lady drinks or sleep with them. Sometimes you wonder if they are actually available for sanuk in Chaweng because they just seem happy to drink/serve in the bar. Maybe they don't have the greed mentality of the mainland.Only when YOU initiate sanuk do they start to show willing. 1000bt for LT is the norm on the island.

The ratio of girls to men in Lamai must be 10/1 at night and has you wondering how some bars survive with so few customers.

I only came across one go-go bar in Chaweng but it had a few stunners (9's) which I rarely saw in BKK or Pattaya that holiday.

A beautiful island, definitely recommended though more than 4 days and you might get restless for the fast moving mainland action.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says spirit_of_town_hall:

Thats very very true, I find more than a week in Lamai is pushing it as literally every body in the place knows your business. and the two main beer bar areas become mine fields.

STH

Well, they have about 5 bar-areas now in lamai. Since I am staying at the weekender (akcessable from the street and from the beach :D ) at the Northeast corner of Lamai, I always start at the southwest area and work my way forward.

Will be a total of 23 nights there, so my strategic mastermind is put to a test again :: .

Says ozbod:

Koh Samui is definitely worth visiting. On the down side, accommodation is expensive compared to Pattaya but on the plus side, food/drink and sanuk is less expensive than Bkk.

Most of the girls seem to come from the South of Thailand unlike their Isaan counterparts in Bkk & Pattaya

[color:"green"]Well I met quite a few Isaan-Girls there. No Ploblem, as I like them.
[/color]

They seem to have a different attitude in that there is no pressure to buy lady drinks or sleep with them. Sometimes you wonder if they are actually available for sanuk in Chaweng because they just seem happy to drink/serve in the bar. Maybe they don't have the greed mentality of the mainland.

[color:"blue"] Exactly. But therefore you have a bigger Language barrier than in BKK
[/color]

Only when YOU initiate sanuk do they start to show willing. 1000bt for LT is the norm on the island.

The ratio of girls to men in Lamai must be 10/1 at night and has you wondering how some bars survive with so few customers.

[color:"brown"] A lot of them don't, a lot are for sale but they constntly open new ones (I am talking of bars, not Girls :
:)
[/color]

I only came across one go-go bar in Chaweng but it had a few stunners (9's) which I rarely saw in BKK or Pattaya that holiday.

A beautiful island, definitely recommended though more than 4 days and you might get restless for the fast moving mainland action.

[color:"red"] Hell no. This is exactly why I am going there. Rest in the day, moderated SANUK at night. But on the other hand I always come to LOS for at least 4 weeks, and you can not survive 4 Weeks in BKK/Pattaya mentally and 4 weeks in Puker finacially
;)
[/color]

Pretty nice but very loud and expennsive and full of Katoeys. But they have nice Cocktail specialls (Buy 10 get 2 free) where it is fun to go there with a gang.

Fridays they have foam-parties (do not really care for them, as I have to shower 5 times a night anyway ::) and a lot of Football and Soccer on a big screen.

They opened a place calld ROADHOUSE in a soi opposite to Bauhaus. In Feb they had a Band playing (Red Black Spider Band), which was out of this world.

They played all the old Rock things, and how good they were. The first evening I had to leave early, as I was close to an emotional breackdown. They started at 10:30 a.m. (SHARP) and played without intermission till 1:00 a.m.

Just one Hit after another Bam Bam Bam! Great crowd there too, Party all night. I had to remind me of my first reason to come to LOS - otherwiise I would have brought 75% of my little rubberthings back to Krautland. ::

"But on the other hand I always come to LOS for at least 4 weeks, and you can not survive 4 Weeks in BKK/Pattaya mentally"

well some people actually live in those cities permently or stay those periods or more(me included), but ok I get your point:

either stay only a few weeks & party hard or stay longer & indulge moderately :)

hell I might endup down there again end of the months...

any plans to hit had rin(full mooon party) for new years?

enjoy!

Says ib13:

"But on the other hand I always come to LOS for at least 4 weeks, and you can not survive 4 Weeks in BKK/Pattaya mentally"

well some people actually live in those cities permently or stay those periods or more(me included), but ok I get your point:

either stay only a few weeks & party hard or stay longer & indulge moderately
:)
[color:"green"] That is what I meant. The Expat Lifestyle surely is diffrent from us Touries, who try to put 3 days into one!
[/color]

hell I might endup down there again end of the months... [color:"green"] Good, lets meet for a beer I will be there from the 23rd to the 31st and than again from the 3rd to the 16th
[/color]

any plans to hit had rin(full mooon party) for new years? [color:"green"] Well, this time I will miss Full Moon, as we have full moon when I leave here and again when we go back (19.12. + 16.01.)
[/color]

enjoy!

Archived