AC Adapter

I'm planning a trip to LOS in a couple of months, and I need to find out what sort of AC power adapter I will need to connect my laptop to the outlet in the room. Is there a specific name for the device, and also, is the power supply 110 volts, or 220?

Appreciate any help on this.

Regards.

BKK22 -

Hi,

Most likely your laptop will run on both 110 and 220v 50/60 Hz. Check the label on the back of your laptops powersupply. I have never seen a laptop not able to run on both 110 and 220. The plugs used here are flat or round, so you shouldn't have a problem there.

Best regards,

Danish30

Danish30,

Thanks for the information. From what you say it sounds like the outlets will accept either two or

three pronged connectors. I'll be sure to check my new laptop for the power requirements.

Regards

BKK22 -

Lopburi is correct.

If you are coming from USA, you need to have an adaptor for for TWO prong - same design as USA minus the round ground pin. This will work most everywhere. Three prong adaptors are rarely found and typically at high-end hotels.

Check the black rectangular *thing* that is between your laptop and the plug. Normally, the power regulator should accept 110 -220 voltage without any problem.

Power Supply is unnecessary weight/luggage - I never used one in Thailand.

Any recommendations on where to pick up a cheap adatper?

I have never seen an adapter as such but every department store, computer store, discount store sells outlet strips that accept three prong plugs but have a two prong plug to use into the wall outlet. These cost under 100 baht; but of course don't provide a real ground.

Come on guys, where is your American ingenuity? :) Forget about that worthless damn ground pin and just break the mother off. No problem. Oh, one trick that does comes in handy? before you leave, take a pair of pliers and twist the two prongs in a slight 'S' fashion. No - do not spread them or press them together. This tweak helps make a good solid connection when the outlet you use is old or worn out. Absolute necessity with a hairdryer!!

ST

Well, since your location is Cali .. I would suggest Radio Shack.

I actually have an international kit full of different prongs as I used to travel quite a bit for work.

Singapore Airline sells a plug kit in the airplane and I'm sure others do as well ....

Archived