Dance in BKK

Khun_Kong

I will be spending 3 months next summer in BKK. In the USA, I supplement my income by teaching swing dance, although I still can't believe that people will actually pay me to dance! Much of my work here is at the private clubs (read: rich and bored farang women). My rates in the USA are ~200 THB/hour (group classes, usually 10-30 people/class). Any feedback on how dance instruction might fly in BKK? I understand that there is at least 1 club for Brits, can't remember the name right now. Any tips would be most appreciated!

Three small bells ring, but I can't assure you that any will pan out:

1) On Soi 18 there is a small salsa place called Rueda, visible from Suhhumvit, on right side as you walk into soi from Sukhumvit. I know they offer latin dance classes - an instructor there might have advice for you.

2) On Sukhumvit Soi 3, between Bumrungrad Hospital and Bamboo Bar, there is an office building with a sign outside advertising a ballroom dancing school inside. I never checked this out, but you might want to take a look.

3) Finally, on Rama III road, near Tawandaeng brew restaurant (same side of road, but closer to Sukhumvit), there is a Thai dance club called "Swing" - but with that English word/name spelled with Thai alphabet. Again, I've never gone inside, but I did note the sign.

Let me know if you work something out. I'd like to give it a try.

Good luck!

Stone Soup

Archived