Man Utd coming to the States

Steve

Manchester United will play Celtic, Barcelona, Juventus and Mexican club America in a 13-day, four-city tour of the United States next July and August, the tour's US promoter announced on Monday

I hear that they will play my fave Mexican club in Los Angeles. I'll wear my Arsenal shirt nonetheless to let Keane know no matter where he goes there are Gooners everwhere ;)

Must just say that I thought United were magnificent tonight against Deportivo. The way the squad have responded to the injuries over the last few games has been superb and the attacking play tonight was a joy to watch. Even Giggs was playing close to what he is capable of and Phil Neville carried on from his brilliant performance against the Arse.

The other thing that I think makes United favourites for the title (apart from Beckham getting back on the pitch) is the form of Barthez - in each of the last 3 games he has made fantastic saves at crucial times in the game.

Do you think anyone would notice if I change my team?!?

LG - forlornly hoping that we can help United's challenge by beating the other Reds on Sunday!

i would'nt say Utd were magnificent.

there was a stage when Deportivo pushed the ball around and made us look like mugs.

but our attacking play was fantastic.

Ruud is playing so well and with the support from Ole and the Ginger Minger,we are looking good.

now all the English clubs have a couple of months to forget Europe,just concentrate on the PL.

the media said Utd had 5 games to save their season,well 5/5 is good in my opinion.

we have got through a difficult month and hopefully the next few games before the new year give us many points.

the Arse now have difficult game against Spurs,Liverpool and Chelsea.

will be interesting who is top on Jan 1st,which traditionally provides the champions.

i hope LG's team do well the weekend,but not so good on Jan 1st.

Man Ure are definitely on a roll. As the senior broker told Bud Fox in the movie Wall Street "....you're on a roll kid, enjoy it.....cause it never lasts."

Tough month for the Arse, I agree. Talent is there, the question is do we have the heart to go out and take it. I know your answer to that..haha...I of course, am hoping differently.

What about Chelsea? No one is talking about them. As far as know, no Chelsea supporters on here. I'm sure they are lurking about and will come out if they find themselves in contention.. :: However, like Leeds the last couple years, they probably won't hold on.

Also, Keano may not give a rats ass but he's gonna have to reminded nonetheless when he comes to the states and sees an Arsenal shirt in the crowd!

do you think Keano will notice among all the other red shirts? :).

i still say Chelsea will fall away,as usual.

only 4 hours and i will be in the pub watching Utd play West Ham.

i am fearful,the Hammers have a good record at OT and we seem to fail against the lower teams.

Sayjann, might be an opportunity for me to see Keano wet his shorts when me and some newly deputized Arse supporters act like we're about to invade the pitch!! hahaha Kidding of course, the laws being what they are here, all we'll get is a warning not to be so naughty in the future anyways.

According to a newspaper article here they will play Celtic in Seattle July 22; Juventus in New Jersey on July 31, Barcelona in Philadelphia August 3rd and Club America of Mexico on July 27.

Personally if I were the organisers I would have them play Celtic in Boston since there is a strong Irish American presense there. Juventus in Philadelphia as there is a very large Italian American community there but North New Jersey has a large Italian area also and Barcelona in Miami as the Cuban population there sees itself partly Castillian anyways. The only one they got right was Mexican champions Club America in Los Angeles.

Seems like your Man Ure scum are partnered with the NY Yankees baseball team in some sort of sponsorship deal. A match made in heaven. Both are teams who have glory hunters make up 90% of their fan base and are hated by real fans of their respective sports, with manaical leaders (Fergie and Steinbrenner) who have glory hunters buy all their merchandise so their shit team can buy overpriced players. ::

Archived