Spouse Visa for Australia

sidsanuk

Otherwise it is the fiance visa. Are you applying in Oz or LOS?

hey fellas you can not apply for a fiance visa in Australia only a spouse visa, a fiance visa must be applied for out of the country, do not get a immi laywer to help you they are a rip off, just do not lie and make sure you have all the forms and what have you filled out correctly, but remmember its best to marry in Australia so you can get that bridging visa and your wife can stay here with you.

bridging

You are getting lots of info here but some will cinfuse you.

To get married in oz you need to apply i month and 1 day.

You need heaps of proof of your relationship as mentioned by another poster.

Call and get all the forms.

You need two seperate forms from people that know you both and tell DIMA you are truly a couple etc etc.

Your divorce papers is esential as you must know.

Police check in bkk plus medical for her as well.

we didnt have time to wait the 1 month so we went to BKK did all in one day..get the marrige cert translated to english this is a must for sydney.BTW go through the parramatta office not Sydney!! Ptta is faster and less hassels.

Whenn you hand in this large folder of photos bills bank accounts etc they give you a letter with your case number and any other paperwork DIMA may need.

They write a temperary visa number on this untill all approved..approval i know from experience (my wifes sister owns a migration office in china town)

a defacto one (ten years of proof was approved in the same week as lodgement.

Mine has taken longer because we need a medical on her son who lives in BKk..but told me on the phone the other day it will be approved the day we get the doc from bkk.

You can do all yourself BTW dont need to buy help.

Good info, thanks. It does all get a bit confusing.

Sorry if I appear thick, but as I understand it, the process you went through was:

You got married in BKK

Took the marriage certifiacte, all other papers etc to Parramatta DIMA office on return to Sydney.

Now awaiting visa from DIMA in Sydney.

I thought the proof of relationship stuff was only required for the de facto relationship. If you actually got married, you still need all this ?

Thanks

Sid

need this

you need heaps..the more with both names the better,

Also proof of calls to each other if away for a period of time which she is now..

so get all the phone bills out and make sure you call her and v/v showing all numbers and dates etc.

join a club like RSL or golf in seperate names so this is good (we did this as well) they like to see clubs memberships ans so on the moe stuff you have the better..

Do not do in sydney as i said.. Pmtta best.

i think in your case Bkk for marriage would be quick as the i month here is going to catch you short...her visa expires when?

Your divorce in jan is that the date you will get the decre nis?

Or when the 12 months is up because the decre takes weeks to come through the courts and then you legal eagel etc..you better get moving quick quick on all this.

Thanks. Starting to get the picture now.

Re the divorce, my 12 months is up Jan 4th. Have solicitor ready to submit papers straight away. Should be no hassle as all the financial agreements etc (consent orders) have already been agreed, signed and lodged with the courts. So the actual divorce, as I understand it, just gets processed without further negotiation/mediation.

As her visa exprires mid march, things are looking realy tight! Suggested to her last night, that she actually come back here on her student visa, or a tourist visa and we get the defacto visa here, or get married here if divorce is completed.

Can't see the divorce being completed in time to have a BKK wedding, and we would then still have to apply for a visa in BKK. If we got married in BKK, then applied for a spouse visa in BKK, how long woyld that take to get?

Thanks again for all your help. When these girls get under your skin...you just gotta move heaven and earth to be with them huh LOL

Sid

student visa

the papers in court ok but to get the decre nis will take a while mine i think took 2or 3 weeks after approved etc.

Dont forget the i month application period for OZ

Student visa is ok my wife was on one when we applied to DIMA.

sounds now like you will have to do all in sydney so better applly asap after decre comes out maybe chase your lawyer on that as soon as you can.

either defacto or sponsor or spouse visa you still need all the papers photos etc.

call her and make sure she gets the police check they can do in a day have to pay 2000thb for quick quick or can take a week.

Archived