Job Options for Thai wife in Australia

sidsanuk

Sid,

Wow - 3 out of 4 - not bad !

I'm 43, but the others sum up my attitude to life. I wonder if youll still enjoy the fast-paced lifestyle when your kids are being threatened by Lebanese gangs on their way home from school ?

Sydney is an awesome place to visit, and I'd love to return if I had a Murdoch-style bank balance, but the majority of the population are living on a knife-edge : a slump in the real estate market and there will be utter chaos. I guess I'm a glass half-empty guy, but thats my two bahts worth.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This whole visa thing is geeting a bit confusing. You say you got married in LOS in Oct, and the spouse visa is yet to be issued. So what type of visa is your wife on currently?

My options seem to be: Her student visa expires mid March. She is in LOS on hols currently.

A. Get married in LOS and apply for spouse visa, then have her wait....not sure how long...to get visa.

B. Get married here then apply for spouse visa. Not sure how long that takes to get.

C. She comes back on tourist visa and we take our time applying for spouse visa.

D. She comes back on student visa and we apply for spouse (de facto) visa straight away and get married later.

All complicated by the fact that I am getting divorced in Jan and that will take about 6 weeks to process. (Will have been living with GF 12 months by then) That delays options A,B and D till divorce is completed :-(

Jeez, it gets a bit tight on timing LOL

Maybe you could PM me the details of your sister inlaw the immigraton agent! Does she only cover students ?

Sid

You need to acquaint yourself with the processs for completing spousal visas and the restrictions the Australian Embassy places on Tourist visas for Thai citizens especially attractive single/married Females.

My advice to you is to explore the option of getting married locally and to do an _on_ shore spousal application in Australia. If she leaves Australia, get married ie. registered. There's very little chance she'll be back in Australia any time soon. If you want to be together you need to explore onshore options otherwise you'll be separated for quite some time.

Steffi,

"There's very little chance she'll be back in Australia any time soon. If you want to be together you need to explore onshore options otherwise you'll be separated for quite some time. "

Not sure the point you are making here. Getting into Australia has not proved a problem to date on a student visa. She is just in BKK for the Xmas hols and will be back here in a couple of weeks. On her current student visa.

Sid

work in a bread shop..i know, but there isnt a great deal of english required..

something like that how about something in the catering or food & beverage trade

..these are probably an insult to her skills, but English & fairly good, is a necessity in

many..many thai shops have relatives & variations on that, helping out..

try looking outside the Thai box, you may get further..still it really comes

down to skills & English..there are many unskilled jobs around which are probably

exceedingly boring..

Archived