Shows Again in Nana

This week's report on baronbonk's site web pagereports that shows are "back in the cards" for Nana.

quote:

Well will they, or won't they? Yes: showing is back on the cards at Nana Plaza. The problem is the police tax has gone up..…again. The Crown Group are not interested, whilst others, who are desperate to compete on a level playing field

Anyone know if this true?

His report this week is pretty interesting, but in deference to Khun Sanuk I have limited the quote since some of the comments could be fairly construed as 'political' in nature.

Can anyone else confirm or supply more information on a possible return of the shows. It is not so much that I am devotee of the shows, but a return of the shows would be a strong indication that perhaps things are returning to normal.

OK, you got our attention. Now to be relevant, it has to be NEP, since there are still shows in Soi Cowboy. Was it NEP?

I doubt that an annonymous post on a website will make any difference, but if you are really concerned, how about providing some hints, such as the floor, initials from the bar's name and perhaps an opaque reference to the nature of the show?

bibblies,

I'm sure Khun Sanuk will not mind you sharing the information about what bar. We all talk about what goes on in the bars by 'name' when we give praise or criticise. I always like to hear the report on the good experience in a gogo bar, and may give it a try because of what is reported here.

Very interesting. I believe this is the bar that is rumored not to be owned by the local gendarme.

If so, it seems to tie in with a theory presented in this week's baronbonk about how the NSO will be used to advance local interests. Now that sounds more like the Thailand I have come to learn and love. 'nuff said there.

[ February 18, 2002: Message edited by: Gadfly ]

I am a little confused here.

Shows or showing?

It sounds like bibblies is saying the ladies are showing at the NEP mysterious bar alluded to. They were topless. Nothing about shows, right?

The 300 baht barfine is a major scoop though and really interesting. I wonder what the Crown's Group reaction with their 600 baht barfines will be to that?

BTW, I mentioned in another thread that Fantasia has been having some nights a 'show.' The girls are all wearing similar semi-transparent outfits. They do some wild dancing and swinging on the pole (so one launch the full Heineken bottle of a guy sitting at the bar with a misplaced kick), but, then, also get into a little lesbo action.

A far cry from one you saw there about a year ago, but as Gadfly postulates, maybe a beginning of a return to 'normalcy.'

bibblies,

Let me help you with the name here, 'Bottoms Up'. Like I said before, there is no problem using the bar's name. Unless the reason is, you are saving the place for yourself. You must learn to play nice and share your toys. I spent some time there in December. I like the layout with the beer bar outside and the gogo inside.

When I was there on Christmas eve with Rusty and a few others, I found one of the waitreses that I wanted to take with me. They doubled the barfine that night to 1,000 baht. I think it was the only place in NEP to do that. Now this is the place that is lowering the barfine. They didn't want the girls to barfine themselves that night because they were going to be open until 6:00 AM. No one else was doing the barfining either. They had alot of girls but not many customers. The 3 or 4 times I was there in December the girls had their tops off, but no shows.

Archived