Recce mission in Sukhumvit.

Cheers for that one Red. Ah - well, at least MSN Messenger is doing the business when it comes to keeping in contact.

There's certainly going to be a return to Thailand before Christmas 2003 but it'll be fragmented. A lot of us will be there at different times - kind of 'clumps' of the original party. I know it's 11 months away but next Christmas will be something to look forward too. Myself, Kipster and STH have already booked options on flights - and they haven't even been published yet.

I've got...what?...about 11 weeks to go before setting off again and so about 12 weeks till I'm back in Bangkok. I know that you'll be there as well as ChrisG and STH.

The 'blues' got worse about a week ago. I feel very lethargic.

I resent going to pubs here because it just feels like money wasted; sitting around as a bit part actor in some other bastards feature film. Exit stage left at chucking-out time with no honey on my arm. So, why waste my time? The Thailand fund is already looking good for May. I can hold on that long surely without going completely gaga...

I spend 200% more time on the telephone than I ever did - to the Contingent. Incidentally, this should now be the UK/ANZAC contingent looking at the demog.

I've further developed my taste in crap bar music. 'The Ketchup Song' is a killer! I was out the other night when it came on and I didn't hear a word that my drinking buddy said for 3 minutes 50.

Trip report proper is coming on a treat by the way. A lot easier to do it when I'm sober and in my right(!) mind.

Talking to SileakHunt the other day about a Stone Roses track - Made of Stone. I'm hammering it when I'm in the flat.

"Sometimes I fantasize,

When the streets are cold and lonely,

And the cars they burn below me..."

Very uplifting and depressing at the same time. Clever bastard that Ian Brown - for a chimpanzee.

We're off to Nottingham in a couple of weeks for a full de-brief. Rusty is back today. I've already had a PM from him to 'phone him on Tuesday. So that's it then. We're all back where we started although a bit older and no wiser!

Gutted about Sukhumvit Square. That's well and truly consigned to memory now. Ah well - let's see what the next trip brings eh?

Suk Sq might have gone but can I farm out the job of tracking down the girls from the bar before I arrive? I need to see Sally Cinnamon again (she's my world! - for you Sil ;))

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

200% more time on the phone, me same same.. only to Thailand (sigh). I'm in regular contact with guess who, by phone and email so I'll find out where her mate is for ya. - "Sally Cinamon" - not sure who you mean, but I can take a good guess.

The blues suck, but keeping busy and the time's going surprisingly fast.

Still counting the days.

"Wish they all could be Californian.. girls."

carer65

Reading this 'tread' dosn't help the 'blues', but only helps make it worse. I think the Christmas trip 2003, will be the 3rd annual trip for alot of us. It was Christmas eve 2001 that I first experienced the pleasure (the start of my downfall) of Rusty's company. To know him is to love him.

On those trips I have meet a bunch of great guys, from across the 'pond' and from 'down under'. I look forward again for Santa to deliver my presents to me in the LOS. Like you I can't wait, and will be back in April. I like to have the country to myself without the UK (Rusty) contingent.

On this past trip, I discovered the Sukhumvit Sq. for the first time. I have always walked up and down Sukhumvit on the other side. I started to enjoy going there and will miss it also.

Hope to see you again soon in the LOS

Leotex,

(I must phone Rusty tonight).

Yep - it's a slippery slope alright, what with all these guys from all over the world - who all turn out to be absolute geezers!

I don't know how long you'll be there in April but if your trip spills over into May then some of the Contingent reprobates will be in town. We're even trying to export some of them there permanently.

Bloody hell but it's cold here...

When I am reading these posts I can hear the faint sound of Las Ketchup slowly building up into a crescendo.

Red, it was a nice summary to the hoilday, but Leo is right when he says that it doesn't help the depression but at least it is good to know that we are all in the same boat.

I know some friends who have been to Thailand but never visited the Sanuk areas. I tell them that they have never been to Thailand until they have been out with a gang of great lads round the Go Gos and beer bars.

It was probably the best trip I've had. Role on the summer.

absolute geezers

OK, I will admit that I fall within that category, but when you start talking about 'slippery slopes', leave me out of it. That is one of Rusty's specialities

c65, looks like I will be leaving the LOS for home the last few days of April. I guess there will always be this [color:"red"]C [/color] [color:"green"]h [/color] [color:"red"]r [/color] [color:"green"]i [color:"red"]s [/color] [color:"green"] [/color]t [/color] [color:"red"]m [/color] [color:"green"]a [/color] [color:"red"]s [/color].

Archived