Mistakes

Zaad

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many people also fuck up with the word for snow, saying 'horses cunt' instead (one of my fave's )

WOW I THOUGHT i was the only dickhead who did this

my wife even gets me to say snow in front of her friends all the time they piss them selfs laughing but i just cant get it write :p

fish wrapped in banana leaves. Maak for pussy?

It's actually shrimp and other stuff presented in a coconut.

Anyway, not like 'maak'. It has the 'aw' sound like in the English 'raw'. But then the longer version in 'maawk'.

BTW it's not dialect.

Hi,

[color:"red"] I'll keep those in mind.

I thought I was the only unlucky bastard here.[/color]

An American I met who had lived in Thailand for over 15 years got gigles from people every time he orderred his favorite dish, "Kow Pad Poo". The way he pronounced it was as if he wanted "Fried rice with grandfather" not with crabmeat, but it was understood.

When foriegners pronounce the Thai wrong, it should be accommodated. I find it quite rude when people start laughing and I know they know the context. Many people quit talking because of the fear of making mistakes, you don't pratice, you don't improve.

Cheers1

I have made mistakes here in English after all these years, it will be very distubing if they just start laughing at my mistakes :(

Hi,

[color:"red"] Many people also fuck up with the word for snow, saying 'horses cunt' instead (one of my fave's ) [/color]

Well, I feel for any non-Thai to try to pronounce that word. Still, in a context it should be understood. You guys understand when a Thai pronounce "snow" as "sa-know"right?

Cheers!

ahh, getting it now, you must mean "mo" (h) with very short vowel "âÃÃ" Its got no " k" sound on the end.

Im pretty sure traditional hor(l) mok(l) is fish curry wrapped in a banana leave (hor means wrapped and these "hor" dishes in thai are wrapped in banana leaves) but in restaurants it can be mixed seafood, or whatever, and served in coconuts etc

Archived