Cambodia (Phnom Penh) still have a night life?

june11

The "fun in cambodia II" forum on delphi is pretty much dead now...almost no posts these days....so i was wondering what

is going on in PP: Is Martini's and Sharkey's still open (and the 63rd ? street places) ...and are they much different than they were 2 years ago?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I posted on a different thread re. PP in reply to Stickman's totally silly report--yes, PP is alive and well. Was there two weeks in December; Martini's and Sharky's have lots of lovely ladies (mixed in with the usual dragons!). Stayed at the Intercontinental, right around the corner from Martini's, and had no problem bringing a girl back to the hotel. PP is still much more laid back than BKK, and a real fun place to spend a few days.

Nich

Hi IB,

Sorry for responding so late, but I haven?t been on the board for a long time.

I have been staying in Cambodia for almost three weeks and thought it is the time for an update. I have been to Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville ("Snooky", one week). The sanuk situation at the time of writing (13-01-2003) was as follows:

PNH/ Martini:

- Filled/ packed as usual, on weekends with life music. Price is still around USD 20 lt. Expect some well known KM11-girls freelancing there.

PNH/ Sharky's:

- More filled/ packed than on former visits. Some former Martini girls switched to Sharky's. Price is still around USD 20 lt.

PNH/ Heart of darkness:

- Good disco with some talent, but don't expect so much. If you are up for a descent beer or good music, this is the place to go. The heart is very crowded after 12:00 pm. IMO, one of the best bars/ discos in PNH.

PNH/ Le Cyrcee Club:

- Very full at 22:00. While getting fondled, enjoy some snuff videos. What I have heard, free BJs are still available, but I didn't get one. Take out is USD 30, a st in the st-room goes for USD 10.

PNH/ KM11:

- I didn't made it out to KM11 this time (I was together with my Viet regular from Martinis almost all the time), but what I have heard it is still going strong. Expect some police raids from time to time.

PNH/ Street #63:

- Some massage options are still there. My choice was Tommy's, USD 5 for a good st.

PNH/ Chouk Tep:

- Compared to former visits, Chouk Tep was literally deserted. Don't expect the hords of girls like bees on honey trying to enter the car.

Snooky:

I stayed in Snooky for one week. Snooky is a small beach resort, comparable to what Pattaya is to Bangkok. The hotel situation is not the best (the hun sen suite in the best hotel in town goes for USD 40 and will get what you pay for). The nightlife compared to PNH is poorer, but if you want some nice beaches and clean air, then Snooky might be a choice. Expect to see many regulars from PNH in Snooky, taking one or two girls from KM11/ Martini/ Sharky for a short trip. Food/ beer is very cheap compared to PNH (draft beer from USD 0.50). The nightlife options are as followed:

Snooky/ Chicken Village:

- RLD, located directly at the port (Khmer girls only). If you know/ like Toul Kourk (PNH) then will feel at home in chicken village. Going rate is USD 5 st, USD 20 lt.

Snooky/ Biba:

- Cambodian disco in chicken Village nearby the port, may be the best disco in town. Many girls with number tags (Viet) and attached st-rooms if you are desperate for a bonk (in the same building, just go to the toilette and you can't miss them). Girls are to be ordered by number (every girl has a pic) or by taking out of the disco. Going rate is USD 20 lt.

Snooky/ blue mountain:

- RLD near the centre of the town, comparable to KM11 in PNH, but on a smaller scale with some very nice girls (viet). Going rate is something between USD 5 - USD 7 st.

Snooky/ O3:

- Nice three storey building, not far from blue mountain. There are approx. 30 girls working (all Viet), some very nice. Going rate is something between USD 5 - USD 7 st.

Snooky/ Marlin bar:

- Small guesthouse/ snooker bar in the centre of town with some local talent. The bar is usually crowded at night time and a good place for information.

Snooky/ Blue storm:

- Disco in the centre of the town, compared to other venues "expensive" (beer goes for a steep USD 1.80). Some girls are available there too.

If you leave BM, just turn left and follow the road. After 0.5 - 0.75 KM you will see a bigger house on the right side. It is called "O three" with "O" spelled as a character and not a digit. Most of the taxi drivers will know too.

Archived