Cambodia (Phnom Penh) still have a night life?

june11

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says NokTang:

Peter, great to read you are active and hope Happy New Year's events.

What about the freelancer(pimped Cambodian girls) action around the big park?

Noktang,

happy to hear from you too. I assume, you are referring to the Hun Sen park. Yep, there are still freelancers at night time. The girls at and around Chouk Tep are almost gone. I didn't check the freelance situation around street 63/ Walkabout hotel, so I can not give any information. The Walkabout hotel itself have some girls around the clock too, but expect to pay more and I think, this is not the type of girl you are referring too.

However, PNH is still very good, so, enjoy your stay!! For me, Cambodia will be finished on Jan., 16th.

PNH/ Martini:

- Filled/ packed as usual, on weekends with life music. Price is still around USD 20 lt. Expect some well known KM11-girls freelancing there.

PNH/ Sharky's:

- More filled/ packed than on former visits. Some former Martini girls switched to Sharky's. Price is still around USD 20 lt.

Hello, and thanks. Since you are there in the airport, can you please clarify what you mean by "around $20.usd". Has the place been corrupted by some bitter discussions about price? or is $20. it, plain and simple, long time.

kind regards, have a nice flight or bus ride?

Nok

Says NokTang:

Hello, and thanks. Since you are there in the airport, can you please clarify what you mean by "around $20.usd". Has the place been corrupted by some bitter discussions about price? or is $20. it, plain and simple, long time.

NokTang

the situation didn't change at all. Some ladies will go for USD 10 lt, some will ask USD 30 lt, but the majority will be happy with USD 20 lt, plain and simple. I heard some complaints about hardening of the Martini girls, but these complaints have been around as long as I have been going there (since 1999). So, don't expect too many changes at all :)

I will be going to BKK by air. From what I have heard, the overland option (Koh Kong) is still valid and many traveller used it.

Martini Girls: I had a few(six months ago) who tried to hustle drinks. You will find that any place. I liked the joint, not sure why. A man can simply wander around, order some boiled shrimp and a burger, pick a girl, and leave. No big deal or anything dramatic about it.

URGENT: If you make it to Grace Coffee/Disco after hours, need update. thanks.

and

best regards

Nok the Kook

Says NokTang:

URGENT: If you make it to Grace Coffee/Disco after hours, need update. thanks.

I will be in BKK tomorrow; I am not sure if I will make it there, but if, I will either send a pm or make an update in the appropriate thread in the nightlife section.

Says june11:

The "fun in cambodia II" forum on delphi is pretty much dead now...almost no posts these days....so i was wondering what

is going on in PP: Is Martini's and Sharkey's still open (and the 63rd ? street places) ...and are they much different than they were 2 years ago?

Had been there in November. 63th street a couple of Karoke places, along with the standby Navy(?)club on the corner. Martini's and Sharkey were open and a couple of new ones that I can't recall. A booklet guide to Phnom Penh I picked up in the FCCC listed all the places along with a brief description of each and the activies available, including lady companions.

Another bar North of the FCCC, on the street beside the river on a south corner, had a bar in front and second bar in back where the ladies seem upclass, but spoke very little english.

Some were quite nice looking but reading somewhere I found out that these girls could eat up quite a few Riels. If anyone knows if that is true please update this post. :D

Shit.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived