How expensive is Phuket?

Tiger

I did not bring a guest at the Horizon because I was with a farang girl but I saw a lot of Thai guest and since Tiger did not ask for it I propose this nice hotel.

For the walk of shame, in low season like april you will found less and less walk of shame they are like the girls there everyone are looking for customer.

Two years ago I was at the Family in and I don't think they were guest friendly but it was in april and the hotel was empty so the only thing they ask was the Thai ID card.

Last year I found a very good place with only 6 rooms right at the center of Patong. The rooms were big with A/C mini bar and TV and private bathroom, very clean, 800 baht in hi season, good and very frienly staff they were very friendly with my Thai guest first time I saw that in Thailand, but this year have to find a new one because they are close. The name was Cozy Corner.

For anyone travelling on a budget do your car, motorbike rental in Phuket Town. You can get a 100cc honda dream decent condition, for 2000 baht a month or under 100 baht a day. Once it's yours take it too karon, kata, patong wherever.

Phuket is not seeing as many tourists as it did a year ago or especially two years ago . I know a resort owner who is saying things like "im hoping for 60% occupancy". Keep that in mind when booking a room. I would book a room for a couple of days, indicte that you could stay longer, and then try to find a deal. I hit Patong every friday and saturday and sometimes negotiate 400 baht nights at 1500 baht hotels because I'm checking in late and leaving early. The hotels are ready to deal if you don't look desperate.

I rent a really kick ass apartment in phuket town [phuket town is very boring, unless you know where the hotspots are] and it is much nicer and cheaper than Bangkok. 6000 baht gets me a one bedroom, air con, full cable, direct telephone for internet, nice swimming pool, 3 minutes from work and a 'hellish' 30 min moto ride to patong, kata, karon, etc. When I say hellish I mean it. You can't be careful, careful means not being on a motorbike. Everyone drives drunk [not me] and at high velocity with little regard for anyone else on the road. If you choose to save the cash and stay in Phuket town there is no alternative as tuk-tuks and taxis are 250 baht across the island.

I moved here to escape the tremendous abuse I was putting myself through guzzling singha and barfining anything that walked by in Bangkok. I also got a good job here. So far I am enjoying myself, but be assurred -- Patong doesn't even come close to Sukhumvit.

Archived