House maid prathet Myanmar

didierhardy

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didier dont sweat it, I would like to know just how many of the posters in this thread have actually had the experience of a maid??

(and no snide remarks from FarangDaeng who thinks I find maids abhorent but who really has no idea about me laugh.gif" border="0)

I have had good friends with maids both Thai and otherwise, and right now a good friend has a Burmese maid, found and supplied by the chinese thai female workers in his office, she is 16 yrs old, quite nice looking, he is 33 and a bachelor, no GF here period and no interest. He has lived with her in the house for 6 months now, and has absolutely no problems and no issue with her or sexuality. Yes he does indulge on occasion outside but he is not really a 'sanuker'. I have met her, she is quiet, attentive without being in the way, and appreciates her job more than any maid, why?? because she looks after a house lived in by one clean guy, she gets to watch TV all day, she is not exploited and she has a really nice room and bathroom to herself down the back of the house. He lives upstairs. He in fact acts more like her father than her employer.

If you want a maid, dont think too much about sex, I dont think its an issue. I have not seen it happen with 3 farangs, I am sure it does happen, but I have yet to see it.

For the last 6 yrs I have had either part time or full time maids and I find if you are staying in an apartment they can invade your privacy even without attempting to.The biggest thought about hiring a maid is whether you feel like losing privacy and if you do you may need to accomodate her outside of the condo or not have a maid.

Sanukboot.

[ February 21, 2002: Message edited by: SanukBoot ]

Here is another case where freely available prostitution benefits society. Without it there would be far more temptation to exploit the staff.

In Thailand it is even less tempting because, in general, only less attractive women become maids. This is a sad side-effect of Thailand's economic and value system (true everywhere to some extent, but more so in Thailand).

I had a maid for almost one year in Phuket.

OK, she was out of the menu because she was almost 50 years old...

By the way jingjoh, I wasn't speaking about having or not having a maid but about hiring and bringing home a non-thai maid without work permit.

Yes, a lot of thai families do it, but they ARE THAI, me, Didier and you NOT!

Regards

Swissman

quote:

Originally posted by swissman66:

By the way jingjoh, I wasn't speaking about having or not having a maid but about hiring and bringing home a non-thai maid without work permit.

Dude my post wasnt directed at you, nor was I talking about the hiring of maids either Thai or otherwise. What I do know is that like Didier, every Farang who has/had, or been offered a maid from outside Thailand did not employ them personally, they are employed through the company they work for.

I am not saying its right, wrong, or potentially dangerous, just citing examples I know of.

Do you need a maid living in your condo?

How big is this condo? crazy.gif" border="0

Why have a live-in maid? The benefits are many and the cost is negligible for most working farang. A "maid" will typically do much more than just clean the house. They will usually do all of the following:

1) grocery shopping

2) run simple errands

3) cooking

Not to mention that just because they are in your house/condo they can: receive packages, supervise maintenance people, answer the phone and take confused messages from your farang friends ...

If the maid is Thai then you have many other benefits, since she probably can communicate with many Thai people better than you can and can get cheaper prices for many things.

There are also obvious drawbacks, but I won't go into those.

As for the second question, many condos in Thailand have a special room for the maid. Usually not much more than a storage closet, but they're usually happy with any space they can call their own. If you meant is the condo so big that cleaning is a full-time job, then I've already explained that cleaning is only a small part of the job.

A friend of mine is working in Indonesia and he has a live in (Indonesian) maid or as he said “a maid during the day and a wife during the night”. She is working/staying/sleeping with him for years now and the arrangements seems going well.

2000 baht does not sound cheap to me for a live in maid with room and board paid. At least when compared to the Philippines. That is about twice the going rate for nannies who must tke care of small kids as well as clean house.Naturally if you go through an agency the cost is more but there is no need to go through an agency with such a large labor supply competing for such jobs. These girls get a chance to live in much better housing plus better more plentiful food.

Archived