breaking news- Hotel fire soi 33

whosyourdaddy

quote:

Originally posted by thalenoi:

Sorry to hear this, any update on that fire?

I walked by on Thursday evening and there was obviously some major damage to the bldg exterior and interior on about the 4th floor (restaurant on that floor?).

However, even with major exterior soot marks and some broken windows, the hotel seemed to be functioning normally. I am pretty sure there were guests on the upper floors. The bell man was outside greeting people and I saw a group of about 10 people walk into the hotel.

quote:

Originally posted by gene1944:

I walked by on Thursday evening and there was obviously some major damage to the bldg exterior and interior on about the 4th floor (restaurant on that floor?).

However, even with major exterior soot marks and some broken windows, the hotel seemed to be functioning normally. I am pretty sure there were guests on the upper floors. The bell man was outside greeting people and I saw a group of about 10 people walk into the hotel.

HMMM 4th floor.. Seem the Thai news got it wrong.. What else is new. I was watching the nightly news when I saw the fire. Looked like a a good blaze on the TV.

Sorry no personal updates yet. Blackie and other regular soi 33 guys should be able to update ya

Here's the update on Novotel Lotus after the fire.

"PLeased to advise you, everything still be running, the damage was happened around the

5th floor area(car park)in the small corner, so have no nothing damages in the other places.

So we do hope to welcoming you to our hotel in the near future,please give us the excatly

the arrival & departure date,pls.

Thank you"

Got this from the hotel today.

Archived