Closing times for Pattaya , Phuket and Bangkok?

AhTeckLim

What are the current and expected closing times for dates after 2nd Jan 2003? For Pattaya , Phuket and Bangkok. Many post about rumours but anyone really knows anything of being at a gogo or beer bar at 3-4am?

Also what happened to the 'special zones'? Aint they supposed to be up at open till wee hrs of the morning so zombies like me can stay up?

That special entertainment zones plan resurfaces from time to time, but, as far as I know, there is no set date for implementation yet. I believe Patpong would be the sole beneficiary of this plan (allowed to stay open later) in terms of Farang sanuk areas.

I am under the impression that January 1 (evening) the closing times will return back to 2am. The holidays received special dispensation from the Interior Ministry.

I have heard that the Grace has been open late, though, and serving alcohol again. However, it has been dead so far, so it might need a bit more time to build up some steam.

I don't know about Phuket and Pattaya. Sorry.

Hiya I read a article in the pattaya mail. that the govenor(i think thats what they call it ) is actually thinking now of letting the bars in Pattaya open after 2 am !!Of course there is a clause...and they have to keep out of trouble for 3 months first,,I guess see what happens.Of course some bars open after 2am but not go go bars ::

The "special zones" are sort of in limbo, thank God. If the idiotic idea ever goes through, it would mean closing down Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy, leaving just the tourist trap of Patpong and the Thai area of Ratchadapisek. Even then, there was nothing said about any later closing hours.

At the moment, Soi Cowboy bars scoot you out at 1.30 to 1.45 AM. Nana bars and Patpong may let you stay until the witching hour of 2 AM.

Now there are stories of a few bars simply locking the doors to allow private parties to go on upstairs, but even that is unclear at the moment. The Grace Hotel had been going until sun up, but the cops made them stop serving booze after 2 AM.

Far as I know, the closing hours are still enforced in Pattaya too.

If it is the same article I read, it said that there was a meeting of Pattaya city officials, and they decided to ask the Ministry of Interior (the Ministry in charge of the police) for permission to allow bars to stay open past 2 a.m. The same article said that the Pattaya city officials had concluded that the early closing times were bad for business.

This makes sense. It is obviously in the best interests of Pattaya?s business community to have later closing times, and it appears that the local officials understand this. It will be interesting to see what actually happens. I have not been down to Pattaya since the articles about these meetings of Pattaya?s city officials appeared in the press so I am not sure what is actually happening down there. :angel: Has anyone who has been down to Pattaya in the last month give a report on actual closing times?

as of last night happy agogo pty closed around 2:30 & all gogo's seemed closed by then. marine disco closing around the same time while marine plaza, 'don't go home alone tonigh' & or marine2 disco's we're still sort of running by that time. really seems to depend on the cops mood night by night? like always bar beers running virtually 24h although on quiet mode...

enjoy!

Archived