Thai script on email messages

shotover

How can I send a Hotmail email message in Thai script?

Specifically, I want to copy some some Thai script from a web site and paste it into a Hotmail message, along with some English script, to a Thai friend.

Could the recepient view both the English and Thai script together without having to switch between the English and Thai encoding options?

Yes it can be done. For you, the way to do this depends on your OS. Windows 98 or XP or?

Do you have Thai fonts installed already? If not, you can get them a few different places. I can look up a link if you don't have the fonts.

Basically the same for the recipient. They need the Thai fonts installed and it also depends on the browser.

If the person has the fonts installed, and uses IE browser, they may need to go to the menu VIEW, ENCODING, and select Thai (windows). Then they can see both the English and Thai on the same page.

Let me know if you need help downloading and installing the fonts, and which OS you use.

Hi Shotover,

Another way would be to write your text in thai, make a screendump of in and convert it to a *.gif or *.jpg file - in other word a graphic file. Any browser and any platform will be able to read it then. This will only take you like 30 seconds.

They will obviously not be able to make any alterations to the text but it take it that is no major deal?

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Yes you can send Thai script together with the English character set in Outlook. You will get a warning message when you send it "Message Character Set Conflict". This is because one of the character sets in the message is not the default. Just choose the option "Send As is" and both character sets will be retained for the recipient to read.

Hello,

Make sure you went through windowsupdate and downloaded all the required updates, especially download the latest internet-explorer. Any Windows 95B or higher will allow you to type and display Thai (if the program supports it, but programs such as Internet Explorer and Outlook can) if you install Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher, and the Thai language update.

Greetings,

Wouter Dijkslag

Archived