New Years Eve - really 7 am!!!?!

ranma500

Having been into the West End in London and found that the police seemed to have successfully scared everyone away through fear of a terrorist attack, I now read that Nana and Soi Cowboy were open till 7 am.

Is this true?

Were there really customers there till the early hours?

More importantly, did the girls continue to dance throughout?

I expect it was 1000 baht barfine, so did the bars get a lot of barfines?

Some news from the trenches please!

ranma

I was there....dunno about bar-fines and the like but I can confirm that everywhere seemed to be open till the wee small hours. I found something else to do prior to 7am but, for instance, all the bars in Sukhumvit Sq (from personal experience) were jumping way past the witching hour of 2pm. 'Twas all rather strange...

Spent New Year's Eve alternating between two go-go bars in Patpong. Both were crowded until 4 or so. Many girls were bar-fined early, but stuck around with their "boyfriends" and danced in - and sometimes out of - their street clothes. The other girls were still dancing at 5 when I left.

The vendors packed it in around 12 or 1, so you could walk around without the dodging the stalls for the rest of the night.

I departed Tilac Bar in Soi Cowboy at 6am and at least a half-dozen bars were still open and going strong. Mostly Thai customers and Thai music then. Bars on Asoke Plaza were also open.

I spoke to several mamasans in NEP the last two nights and they confirmed their bars (Rainbow and Silver Dragon) were open until 7am.

Last night back to normal though. Lights on at about 1:50am. Such a shame! :(

But the Grace is picking up again giving us nightowls a place to dwell. :)

Was at Grace several times between Dec 2 and New Year's Eve--cops came in several times to shut down the main room around 1:30 or so, but the "coffee shop" remained open (and full of cuties) until at least 4 or 5 every morning... What struck me was that, as opposed to previous years when it often looked like a dragon's den, it was now filling up with lots of regular BGs after work and attractive freelancers ... Good place to go after hours if you haven't found your darling yet for the night!

Nicholas

I agree with you totally Nicholas based on my experiences the last two nights. Plenty of non-barfined gogo dancers available again.

Also, I spoke to several of the waitresses and staff I know at the Grace and they said it was back to a 24/7 operation again.

Let's all bow our heads now and offer a prayer of thanks to the Sanuk Gods. :)

Says Sarisin:

Let's all bow our heads now and offer a prayer of thanks to the Sanuk Gods.
:)

Amen Sarisin!! The Grace was the place I used to avoid in the past. I just happened to meet a US friend there in early December, and lo and behold ran into this gorgeous 27-year old (who still looked better than many of the 20-year olds hanging out around us...) who actually spoke good english. Broke my own rule and stayed with her for a couple of days--but her constant conversations on her GSM to a Jordanian guy the last night (plus her taking me to that outrageously outpriced Pomodoro restaurant on Sukhumvit) made me determined to see her off in the morning... Strangely, she was happy with 1500 LT each night.... didn't even bat an eyelid.

Nicholas

Archived