Worst year yet for imported Cineplex movies?

Palatkik

Maybe it's just because I've blown my money sitting through Mr Deeds but 2002 especially the last 6 months, seemed like the worst period ever for imported films. Granted the Thai movie biz is taking off right now, but I've had my fill of katoeys on film for a while. Perhaps the pre Oscar season may show a revival?

Cheers,

>Will Gangs of New York be shown in Thailand?

From todays BKK Post:

Though not yet in the same league as Cannes or Hollywood, Bangkok has nevertheless a golden opportunity to brush up its image as a cultural centre with this month's 5th Bangkok International Film Festival.

The line-up is impressive indeed, with a marvellous mixture of more than 120 movies from Australia, Finland, France, India, Israel, the Philippines, Poland, Spain, Thailand and the USA, amongst other countries. It will also feature first-time screenings here in Thailand of two major Hollywood blockbusters, Quiet American and Martin Scorsese's long-awaited Gangs of New York. If only half the big names from the movie world expected to turn up actually make it, then the festival will still be a success. Tel 02-250-5680

Archived