Bosnich gets the boot at Chelsea

gobbledonk

Where was the fucking security ? :cussing:

FIFA should have banned the bastards and we should have advanced on the "away beating" rule! :onfire:

Related story here.

A couple of months ago I organized a piss-up at one of my regular hang outs and the young Japanese manager had the audacity to put on a video of the Socceroos getting slaughtered over there. I politely told him that if that debacle wasn't removed from the screen PRONTO we'd all leave (20 of us!) never to return.

He apologized profusely, bowing down to touch his toes with his chin, put on the England-Argie game and treated us to a round in a show of sympathy. :)

Sorry, I don't buy that excuse torneyboy. Look at the Brazilians. If any player there doesn't make himself available for friendlies and qualifying games, they're dropped from the team.

Unfortunately, we don't have the depth to do this so we have to pamper the egos of our spoiled "stars." I'm sure Harry and Mark could have a clause in their contracts making them available to play for for Australia anytime if they really wanted to.

The pundits cry there's no money in Australian soccer, but until we qualify for the World Cup, the game can't take the next step.

Anyhow, time to contact my ex-GF in Bonn as if we qualify, I'll need a bed.

Prost!

Roppongi,

I dont place the blame entirely at the feet of the players - surely the administration of Soccer Australia must shoulder at least some of the blame. If any other business was run this poorly, they'd be out of business.

My own sporting hopes rest with the Wallabies in 2003 - I just hope they can regain the form that saw them trample all comers just a couple of seasons ago.

Ha ha bit harsh Long Gun!

I always rated Bosnich.. Not as a keeper, he was shite, but as an entertainer. I was behind the goal at Spurs V Villa when he did THAT salute to all the taunting Spurs fans. I dont condone that in any way but at the same match the season after he was giving the crowd as good as he got, some witty stuff too. After a loose shot, probably by Sol Campbell, which went way over Bosnichs bar, it took the crowd about three attempts to throw the ball far enough to reach the pitch. Bosnich just stood in his six yard box laughing and doing girly limp-wristed throwing actions. The guy should be on stage.

Going to Man Utd was the worst thing he ever did.

Good point Artiew, our organizers do have that unique talent to hit the self-destruct button. But I still feel our players don't have the same desire to qualify as other countries.

As for the Wallabies, the team's in a rebuilding phase that will hopefully be completed before the World Cup.

Archived