Ko Larn, Pattaya Bay

Stickman

What is the easiest cheap way to get over to Ko Larn from Pattaya? I presume there is some sort of scheduled ferry service. What is the cost and how long does it take? I've never been over there but would like to check it out. For that matter, is it worthwhile?

Stick

Ko Larn also known as Coral Island, 45 minutes by slow tourist boat or 15 minutes by fast speed boat, no idea of the price as went there by a private boat, for me this place is way to touristy, there are some better nicer quieter and beautiful islands to vist as I did by private boat charter, no idea of the names of them though, rent your own boat and go exploring would be my advice,

Says racha:

Ko Larn also known as Coral Island

this is not a direct translation. Corals in thai mean hin pakarang. larn means bald; the island has this name as there is no forest, no trees on it.

yes it is very touristy! the boat guys try to overcharge and the restaurant there is very expensive as well. and the corals are not very impressive

Catch ferry at Beach Rd and the begining of walking street. Can't remember time schedule but you should be able to get info from hotel staff. If you miss plenty of eager power boat drivers. Ferry cheap but slow.

The new Pier? now that?s funny!

They have announced the grand opening twice in the past six months; bottom line is the local speedboat Mafia refuse to use it. After spending several billion baht and 10 years, the local government lets it sit empty.

Meanwhile, beach road is clogged with big busses loading package tourists in and out for their day of parasailing and polluting Ko Larn.

Archived