First year anaversary trip to Thailand.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even so I dont think its ever acceptable for a non native speaker of whatever language to criticise a native speaker of the language in question... it would be akin to criticising your host..

This is really some mindboggling BS. :eek:

First you're not a host here, but just like me a guest, and we probably speak engrish here because it is the only language in which most native engrish speakers can hold a conversation! :neener:

Guest lazyphil

<<First you're not a host here, but just like me a guest, and we probably speak engrish here because it is the only language in which most native engrish speakers can hold a conversation! >>

wtf is the point learning other languages?? :dunno: :: :dunno:--I'm grateful my forefathers were arrogant and pig headed to proliferate this great language throughout the world to save us the BS hassle to figure out if a table is feminine or masculine :grinyes:--With the thanks also to our cousins in the USA we can travel freely in the knowledge most will have some grasp of English :applause:

"Even so I don't think its ever acceptable for a non native speaker of whatever language to criticise a native speaker of the language in question... it would be akin to criticising your host.."

Aren't there more non-native than native English speakers? No one owns the language so the pristine core of pommy and yank linguists need to wake up and smell the chai.

Furthermore we have a much better sense of who mrkf, or any other is, by the way they write and we would be worse off if they wrote with pious obedience. If one perceives that a writer that falls beyond one standard deviation of some standardised version of a language should be judged sub-standard on all accounts perhaps we should turn the table and just ask if the vocal members of the jury aren't just being anal retentive.

Take no notice of SiLeakHunt, he's well known for his irony. Japan really is shite. But I've heard the sun shines all year in downtown Tikrit, hometown of many a celebrity high-roller. :up: No end of shagging :hubba: and boozing :drunk: to be had there, mate, as my original post implied, should you care to re-read it. The women wear Tshirts saying "I want fuck Canada Man". And beer is free. :D

Bradford is crap too, by the way. :down:

Cheers

jack :beer:

Colloquial ? does that mean anything guys? Keep the threads coming MKF, personally I enjoy ?em - even if I give you the rip now and then. Don?t let the killjoys (not the first time I used that word to describe some in here) and their supporters detract you. Not that it ever has. :grinyes: Let us know when you make it to Japan ? we got a few BSDs out here ? myself included. :neener: I believe you will find Tokyo as enriching as Bangkok and am equally positive you will NOT post about your experiences in Roppongi, Shibuya and the like on this board if you know what is best. Take the cue from FJ and give the masses the ?Japan is shite? tripe?.you?ll know the truth soon enough. And as far as the English teachers here ? puh-leaze guys, don?t underestimate their physical and intellectual shortcomings.

Khansunuk! An apology? For what? For telling the truth? This is a web site that talks about Bar girls/hookers same sh-it different name! For f-ucks sakes! You have a hooker bar as your main advertisement on this thing! Sounds like some people are in denial! So go ahead ban me from this place! There are so many ways that I can come back.

And one more thing I truly hate married women that think they can talk and flirt with other men and be a co-ck tease, because they think they can get away with it because they 're married! Go play with your husband and don't come here trying to correct my English!

(note from P127: KF, if you are half the man you profess to be, you'd have apologized to jasmine. In case KS bans you, be at least a good boy (if man is impossible) and understand your tiny bastardized presence is not welcome here. Go nurse your inferiority complexes somewhere else.)

Archived