Go to LOS next yr with 30 000 000 baht guaranteed

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know the British legal system.

In my country, this would be fraud, i.e. a criminal offence.

The reason is that you never had the intention to pay back the loans. The last sentence of OP's post would be the definite proof for this - but even without it no judge would believe you had the intention to pay back.

You would be prosecuted according to the criminal law even if the credit card companies wouldn't sue you.

But in my country you most probably wouldn't get the loans in the first place (ie without a collateral)

BTW what makes you think your creditors would not be able to seize your money?

Not paying a credit card is a civil offense, not criminal. If a person forgets to pay a credit card, is a warrant issued for their arrest? No. Another statement is issued. After a while, the creditor takes legal action which may go as far as being handled in a civil court. Extremely difficult to prove criminal intent - that is why it is handled as a civil issue.

sorry i said i am not familiar with the British legal system.

In my country this would be a criminal offence.

Criminal intent (right from the beginning) is easily proved if OP really does what he says in his last sentence.

But even without this, no judge in my country would believe that all these careful and elaborate preparations to get the money to LOS were made without the intent not to pay back the money.

This has nothing to do with forgetting to pay a bill, and judges are no idiots.

BTW i am not sure who can read the post - maybe that makes it difficult to discuss it

Its a civil matter, you owe the credit card companies 30 000 000 baht, you are actually still corresponding with them talking about how you want to settle the debt.

Thai immigration do not check ones credit worthiness when you enter the country, or when you are in LOS for the normal Joe...

In fact if they did you would have funds both in Thai bank accounts and in Belgium. To check ones credit worthiness you need to check an address. Thats how credit checking works, they chech a name and address and see ones history.

In the UK if you have made more than 2 repayments on the credit card and or bank loan it will always be a civil matter.

STH

Escape Rabbit said:

It's stealing. Isn't that enough reason to know it's dumb to rob hard working people who are having a hard time making ends meet as it is?

I have no sympathy for the banks or financial institutions as they shaft and rip us off all our fucking lives ::.

I know the guy you are referring too.He has worked hard and been honest all his life(up until now) and it has'nt got him anywhere. :(

I have no sympathy for people who signup for financial vehicles (credit cards, loans, what have you) at extremely high interest rates because they are uneducated. The developed world is relatively free with their information (especially about financial vehicles) and if you sign up for a 20% interest card, or items with punative indentures then that's your fault.

You can take individuals to task who "sell" bad financial vehicles, but to claim a financial institution is shafting everyone is ludicrous. You got an easy answer. Don't use them.

As for it being a plain civil matter, if one's intention (and going by the plan outlined, it seems pretty damn clear) is to defraud outright, it may be different, but then again, I don't know jack about the UK.

As for the credit worthiness, yes, Thai immigration doesn't check that, but I'm assuming that the UK has some sort of number (and not just an address) that everyone has, much like the US social security number. We're tracked by much more than just a name and address these days.

A financial institution informing Thai immigration that so and so person is uncreditworthy is something I would not be willing to risk and I think everyone can vouch there are more than enough assholes over here.

<<burp>>

Hi Gummigut,point taken,but when I hear about some of these heists that have taken place over the years I can't help sniggering to myself providing no one his hurt in the process.The Brinks Mat bullion job is a fine example.

I still believe a bank manager is the kind of guy who gives you an umbrella when the suns out and takes it back off you when its raining.

When I see some of the advertisments on TV from some of the banks etc they make me crinch.

"We're here to make life easier"they say.Bunch of bollocks."Your here to make money out of me" I say.

>>>I still believe a bank manager is the kind of guy who gives you an umbrella when the suns out and takes it back off you when its raining.<<<

and as a normal person or small entity trying to go to court against the banks and to win is almost impossible if you were frauded by the banks.

from this side here no sympathy towards banks, and i wish all the luck whoever manages to rob them.

A guy I work across from, went to court last Monday. Why? He amassed $100,000 in credit card debt in 2 years that he was not working, mostly blown in Las Vegas. ::

$30,000 of it, is why he got sued. Appearenty, a credit card company (Visa) sold the debt to a collection agency. This is who is taking him to court. Sounded like this is the norm. Credit card company will not come after you directly. They will sell obligation to a collection agency for pennies on the dollar, and that is who you will end up having to deal with. :dunno:

HT

Archived