A good time to be Australian

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? Didn't know about that 'un, but should make life a bit easier!!!

I wonder the Aust. government will make it easier for guys to bring their favourite TG out to Australia for a holiday - almost impossible now. I doubt it somehow...

Hi STH,

You beat me to it - I was going to remark on the loving glances exchanged by the two PMs at the announcement. I thought they were going to embrace one another, so warm was the rhetoric ::

On a more positive note, it is indeed welcome news if it means that Aussies get preferential treatment in Thailand. There are only 2 kinds of people on the board - Aussies and those who wish that they were. :neener:

Great news. Now it feels even better to be a sydneysider living on the harbour.

70% reduction in visa runs!

Starts January 2005:

"A Party shall, upon application by a business visitor of the other Party who meets its criteria for the grant of an immigration formality, grant that business visitor, through the issue of an immigration formality, the right to temporary entry in the granting Party?s territory for a period of up to 90 days."

Full contract from Oz government site:

http://www.dfat.gov.au/trade/negotiations/aust-thai/tafta_chapter_10.html

And Arty, don't forget the third category - those who are Sydneysiders and those who wish they were...

Yes, it really pains me to :

- drive the 4kms to work at a leisurely pace at 08:30am

- pay a comparative pittance to own a home 3km from the main shopping precinct (did I mention 4kms to work ?)

- shiver through 2 months of frigid 10 deg nights and 25 deg days, before returning to balmy 35 deg days.

- *never* hear someone bagging Oz in favour of a country like Lebanon.

Its truly tough living outside of Sydney. ::

Quote:

There are only 2 kinds of people on the board - Aussies and those who wish that they were.

And Arty, don't forget the third category - those who are Sydneysiders and those who wish they were...

[color:"red"]... and don't forget the fourth category.. those who wished they were Australians... until they found LOS! :D [/color]

think_too_mut said:

70% reduction in visa runs!

Starts January 2005:

"A Party shall, upon application by a business visitor of the other Party who meets its criteria for the grant of an immigration formality, grant that business visitor, through the issue of an immigration formality, the right to temporary entry in the granting Party’s territory for a period of up to 90 days."

Don't business visitors to Thailand already get 90-day entry stamps (Non-Imm B visa)? I assume that an "immigration formality" is a visa?

TH

Archived