Southern Star Hotel, Angeles

changnoi

Looks good to me, but I'd ascertain how far from the bar strip it is, as I don't find the cyclo/trikes very appealing, they make Somchai the TukTuk guy look like an angel.

http://orchid-inn.com is pricy but worth the price for the location (in the middle of it all) and the pool and surrounds (nothing much else to do in the day time).

IMHO

Cheers

Coss

Its not far from the main Nightlife area maybe 5-10 mins minutes by trike, but you definitely would not want to walk back there at night.

Its quite a way up the perimiter road near the base entrance and fairly close to some of the Perimiter road bars. But they all close early they are very much early evening drinking places.

The places I have stayed as follows:

Central Park - Superb

Orchid - (Jasmine Wing) - Good But Expensive

Executive Hotel - Expensive but the Jacuzzi rooms are great ... no in room broadband

America - Overdue for a refurbishment (to be polite)

These days I normally stay either the Central or the Exec all the above except The America are slap bang in the middle of the Night life area.

Another new one recently opened Swiss Chalet I have heard great things about it but have never stayed there.

I agree that Central Park is the best now. I have stayed in the Oasis (too far away) and the Orchid (too expensive).

Central Park is inexpensive ($25/night) and right in the heart of the fun. Also, bring your laptop as free internet is available.

If you are going in December, my room is available as I just canceled my reservation. :)

Archived