Football (soccer) Corner

Steve

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Yeah but it gets too big....the thread I mean !!!'

thats the idea,Gooner Corner was just getting too big and that is why i think it was suggested we have a new Thread each Season.

this Thread will be huge by Seasons end but then a new one will be started next Season.

how much was paid for Veron, Mutu and Crespo?.

a lot of money wasted in the long run.

Chelsea have bought so many Players and many just play in the lesser Competitions and that to me is not healthy for the England set-up in the long run.

there was talk of J.Cole,Johnsen and Parker being future England Players and part of the new revolution.

the odd game here and there does them no good and does the English game no good......IMO.

i like J.Cole and would take him to MU tomorrow if we could,i feel his career is stagnating a bit being at Chelsea.

agree with the Squad aspect of the game but Chelsea have taken it so far.

but i still do not see why Roman is getting involved in the game.

i know he has Millions/Billions but how much much of his fortune must be getting wasted each week?.

it will take a VERY LONG time for him to lose it all but what business person decides to have a 'hobby' which loses Millions?.

i find this situation very strange.

as to the spending it is not really that strange comparision.

i do not know what MU have spent in the last 10 Years but yes it is a huge amount.

but Roman pays over the odds for many Players(as have MU) and if he stays at the Club for the next 8 Years i bet his spending will far exceed MU's.

and you are pissing me off......:yikes:

Froggo said that CS and i were monopolising the Football Thread.

we were but you are now starting to tread on our toes......leave us alone....... :neener:

sayjann said:

'Yeah but it gets too big....the thread I mean !!!'

thats the idea,Gooner Corner was just getting too big and that is why i think it was suggested we have a new Thread each Season.

this Thread will be huge by Seasons end but then a new one will be started next Season.

how much was paid for Veron, Mutu and Crespo?.

a lot of money wasted in the long run.

Chelsea have bought so many Players and many just play in the lesser Competitions and that to me is not healthy for the England set-up in the long run.

there was talk of J.Cole,Johnsen and Parker being future England Players and part of the new revolution.

the odd game here and there does them no good and does the English game no good......IMO.

i like J.Cole and would take him to MU tomorrow if we could,i feel his career is stagnating a bit being at Chelsea.

You wish :neener: seroiously though, I agree, Cole is not being used as much as most of us would like, parker was bought as a backup utility player, Jose said that he wanted 2 players for every position and thats what we have.

agree with the Squad aspect of the game but Chelsea have taken it so far.

Why so ? as mentioned above, our squad isn't massive, well, not more than anyone elses

but i still do not see why Roman is getting involved in the game.

i know he has Millions/Billions but how much much of his fortune must be getting wasted each week?.

Why wasted ? The revenue coming in from game receipts, merchandise, TV, world-wide coverage is starting to pay off. He isn't stupid, in the short-term, yes there has been large investment, but thats no different from any other business who is trying to make it big.

it will take a VERY LONG time for him to lose it all but what business person decides to have a 'hobby' which loses Millions?.

Sayjann, you are only looking at the short-term aspect of the club, long term he wants Chelsea to be the best in the world, why do you think that you see Man U shirts in Thailand ? Because a) They market themselves well, kenyon did a great job and B) they won trophies and played exciting football. Chelsea are starting to market themselves, ironically by buying Peter Kenyon and they are starting to wake up to the worlds stage. These things do not happen over night, they can take years, but we are on the right track.

as to the spending it is not really that strange comparision.

i do not know what MU have spent in the last 10 Years but yes it is a huge amount.

but Roman pays over the odds for many Players(as have MU) and if he stays at the Club for the next 8 Years i bet his spending will far exceed MU's.

That I dont know, maybe he will, maybe he wont. I do not know what the future holds.

Chelsea will ALWAYS pay over the odds for players as everyone knows how much money Roman has.

and you are pissing me off......:yikes:

Froggo said that CS and i were monopolising the Football Thread.

we were but you are now starting to tread on our toes......leave us alone....... :neener:

I find that offensive, I thought you were bigger than that Sayjann. Perhaps you should rename the thread "Football corner for CS and Sayjann only"

sayjann said:

you may have answered my question but i knew your answer would be different to mine.

you go on about how difficult it is for London Teams to get on as so many Derbies and then you concede that other Teams play Derbies while not being in the same City.

now i will answer my question to you because you don't see my point.

City Supporters sing 'theres only one Team in Manchester' because they are right in a sort of way.

Man City are within the City of Manchester while Man Utd are not.

Salford is in Greater Manchester along with Bolton and Stockport to name 2.

so in theory MU's REAL Derbies are against Bolton and Stockport.

that is why Bolton love the visit of MU as to them it is a real Derby.

but the MC/MU game is still looked upon as the biggest.

And Watford would be a derby for Arsenal. So what? I'm saying that in the PL, Arsenal have a lot of derbies and that Wenger hasn't been given enough credit for the record he has had in those derbies. If your assertion is that Man Yoo has as many derbies as Arsenal does in the PL (and I'm talking derbies not rivalries, Arsenal has a rivalry with Liverpool but its not a derby). Then I disagree. The london clubs have far more derbies than other regions. And Wenger is the king of London derbies.

sayjann said:

interested in your comments about Fergies thoughts.

you say he knows they cannot win the PL or beat Milan.... ::

he has admitted things will be hard from now on but nowhere have i seen him say what you say.

so i imagine he has had a Beer with you recently and told you this?..... ::

loved your comment about he knows they cannot beat Milan..... :yikes:

you are in hicksville and have no idea what he says on camera,Media reports are changed so much.

i am a sad barstard and watch MUTV and he is chomping at the bit.

he has admitted that MU might lose against Milan but he promises his Team will give their best.

All managers give lip service to beating who ever they are playing. Any football fan knows Man Yoo hasn't had the quality of team to win the CL for the last few years. No one expects them to be able to beat Milan and Barca possibly to win the CL. Of course he'll field a strong side and see what happens. But managers are realisitc. They know what competition they have the best chance of winning and for Fergie, its the FA cup right now. If he can get some luck in the CL, fine but no one is expecting him to be able to get past this next knockout phase. He'll hope and pray something happens to Chelsea and us in the PL but only the most optimistic of Man Yoo fans will think they can win the PL right now. Especially with the way Chelsea are playing. Its not Keegan's Newcastle up there.

sayjann said:

i have to agree he won't play the Kids against Chelsea in the CC,but only because we do not have many.

but it will be basically the same Team which has got us to the SF.

so which 'big names' do you think will come into the Team?

you guarantee me that the kids will not play?,lets exchange our squad for the Game and see who gets the most right.

Remember your league cup run when you were in the final v. Liverpool? The league looked out of reach at the time and he played a strong side to try and get a trophy and hopefully use that trophy to motivate the side.

sayjann said:

Frogpatrol was right about us having the monopoly on this thread(and Gooner Corner).

think i must stay away until i have something to make you look bad again........ :neener:

That's the one thing we can agree with....hahaha

Eddie Debartolo, the former owner of the San Francisco 49ers NFL football team back when they were winning Super Bowls. But he made money from his corporation and did not have to depend on the income his team earned. And yes, he referred to his team as his "hobby."

Mr.CF.

my point was that Chelsea have spent so much money in the last 18 Months or so and what with wages etc have nowhere near recouped the money that Abramovich has spent so far.

they have a relatively small ground compared to others and i know they used to have the highest season ticket prices in the PL,but do not know if they do now.

but of course there is programme sales,food and drink etc but is it enough to offset the weekly amount of money going out of the Club.

neither of us will never know.

MU earn 1.2 Mill for each home game in the PL and as with everyone else earn a bit extra with all the extras.

but everyone gets the TV revenue and of course being in Europe pays 0.5 Mill per point in the Group stages.

but i still cannot see that Chelsea are making a profit from most games.

and at the moment Chelsea are not World marketable,that takes time.

Liiverpool have been trying to be massive for several Years but not quite it off yet.

Chelsea will need to win things for a couple of seasons for the Foreigners to take notice and take their allegience away from other Clubs who are successful and who are very popular.

yes i agree thar Chelsea have a fairly contained squad but look at their '2nd' Team compared to others.

Arsenal have a lot of young Players in their '2nd' Team and they are for the future,whilst MU have a CRAP '2nd' Team,just look at the Exeter game.......

if MU get past Chelsea in the CCC SF then i will be amazed.

'I find that offensive, I thought you were bigger than that Sayjann. Perhaps you should rename the thread "Football corner for CS and Sayjann only" '

lighten up please.

Froggo was making a joke about Steve and I and i was making a joke about you........look at the Emoticom i put at the end of my comment.

the one i put there showed i was having fun.

if i had made that comment to any Gooner or Zaad or CBK they would have laughed as they knew i was taking the piss.

i know you might be stressed because you keep saying Chelsea will win nothing(reverse physcology i think) but just look at things.

i have no problem with you at all and like the interaction.

i will certainly be giving you a lot of grief if MU beat you in the SF's and i'm sure you will do the same to me.

but if you can't take a joke............

Utd cannot play a strong squad as many are missing through injury,but Fergie said the little Guys will play Chelsea.

but i would not be surprised if Rooney plays because he needs match practice after his 3 game ban.

'That's the one thing we can agree with....hahaha'

my reputation is in tatters....

anything i say which you agree with fills me with wonder..... ::

i have to go and lay down with a cold towel on my forehead.

perhape later we can have a ....... :grouphug:

let's just hope that eventually Chelseafan will realise that this is a fun Thread and anything said is in jest,nothing personal..... :beer:

sayjann said:

Mr.CF.

my point was that Chelsea have spent so much money in the last 18 Months or so and what with wages etc have nowhere near recouped the money that Abramovich has spent so far.

they have a relatively small ground compared to others and i know they used to have the highest season ticket prices in the PL,but do not know if they do now.

but of course there is programme sales,food and drink etc but is it enough to offset the weekly amount of money going out of the Club.

neither of us will never know.

MU earn 1.2 Mill for each home game in the PL and as with everyone else earn a bit extra with all the extras.

but everyone gets the TV revenue and of course being in Europe pays 0.5 Mill per point in the Group stages.

but i still cannot see that Chelsea are making a profit from most games.

and at the moment Chelsea are not World marketable,that takes time.

Liiverpool have been trying to be massive for several Years but not quite it off yet.

Chelsea will need to win things for a couple of seasons for the Foreigners to take notice and take their allegience away from other Clubs who are successful and who are very popular.

Yep totally agree with you, though Chelsea are more marketable that you think, they are very rapidly gaining a large following in Asia.

yes i agree thar Chelsea have a fairly contained squad but look at their '2nd' Team compared to others.

Arsenal have a lot of young Players in their '2nd' Team and they are for the future,whilst MU have a CRAP '2nd' Team,just look at the Exeter game.......

if MU get past Chelsea in the CCC SF then i will be amazed.

Thats not always been the case Sayjann, I remember a few years ago when Uniteds second time was pretty impessive...

'I find that offensive, I thought you were bigger than that Sayjann. Perhaps you should rename the thread "Football corner for CS and Sayjann only" '

lighten up please.

Froggo was making a joke about Steve and I and i was making a joke about you........look at the Emoticom i put at the end of my comment.

the one i put there showed i was having fun.

if i had made that comment to any Gooner or Zaad or CBK they would have laughed as they knew i was taking the piss.

You put a Yikes emoticon at the end of the "and you are pissing me off sentence", thats why I took offense, sorry, sometimes what one writes is not what one reads......

i know you might be stressed because you keep saying Chelsea will win nothing(reverse physcology i think) but just look at things.

No reverse physcology, its just, being a Chelsea fan, I've been here before and every time we've blown it.....when we're 7 points clear with two games to go, then I might think we have a chance :neener:

i have no problem with you at all and like the interaction.

i will certainly be giving you a lot of grief if MU beat you in the SF's and i'm sure you will do the same to me.

but if you can't take a joke............

Thankfully I'll be in LOS for the return leg, so at least I'll be able to drown my sorrows with a few lay-deez.... :hubba:

As for "taking a joke"....I support Chelsea don't I :grinyes:

The only thing we have similar to the David v. Goliath games in the states is our NCAA college basketball championships. I love seeing the small clubs play the big clubs and every year it doesn't disappoint to have someone big knocked off. I think the biggest scalp so far is Villa possibly.

The 3 big clubs all had tough times it seems. Chelsea were down 1-0 for a time. Its easy for the small clubs to be highly motivated but it may be a bit hard for the PL players to be at times in this competition and they get caught out. The english players are into the tradtion of this being the oldest football competition in the world but the foreign players may not.

Chelsea has Brum next and that could be a sticky game.

We had a tough time with Stoke City. They should be proud of themselves. We had a relatively strong side out there. New signing Eboue looks the business and I can see why we are only offering Lauren a 1 year contract. With Hoyte and Eboue we are secure at RB for some time. Good to see Reyes score and get his confidence back. RVP had a lot of shots on goal and only one, probably the hardest to convert, went in. He needs to develop a right foot. He will get better and better though. We go to Wolves next. The last couple years we've been getting nothing but PL sides and for once we are catching a break.

Man Yoo drew with Exeter and this may show a weakness in Man Yoo's depth outside their first 11 players. They should win the replay with a stronger side out there. I expect Rooney to play but it could go all wrong. Then if they win its 'Boro.

Chelsea fan I heard a rumor Roman is buying the Argentinian club River Plate. I hope not as they are my fave Argie club. Its hard to grasp the amount of money Roman is spending. Its unprecedented. Chelsea can litterally buy any player or players in the world and if they dont' work out, they can simply buy another without skipping a beat. No club can compete with that kind of financial resource for too long. It was hard enough for Arsenal to keep up with Man Yoo but Chelsea now dwarfs Man Yoo's money. In fact, they dwarf the financial resources of any club in Europe and I'd even go so far as to say they could outspend the top 3 or 4 clubs COMBINED!! The major clubs can only make one major signing a year (major meaning a 15 or 20 million dollar signing) but Chelsea can (and has done) deals with 3 or 4 players like that in a season. Its amazing once you think about it. Is in legal? Yes. Is it fair? Well, to Blues fans it is. haha...

If the 'worst' happens and Chelsea simply buy a World XI team and completely dominate europe, I wonder if the ruling bodies will step in?

Archived