Football (soccer) Corner

Steve

Its been happening for years, maybe not so obvious in the premiership but certainly in Italy and Spain. Anyhow, you have to reemmber that a lot of what we hear is only paper talk. If I believed everything I read ni the rags, we'd have Rooney, Owen, Figo and Ronaldo by now......

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It certainly looks like Chelsea's year. You can tell they are brimming with confidence. Pompey started the first 5 minutes going at them. Chelsea killed the game in the first half. Furthermore, Arsenal and Man Yoo could knock each other out of the title race for good probably if Chelsea wins and we draw. 12 and 13 points is way too much.

Man Yoo dispatched of Villa after a early 2nd half scare. The Asrenal against the Toon was the best Arsenal has played since October. The game v. Man Yoo is a must win for both sides. All games are must wins but its a difficult game for either side. The game will come down to the referee again. Unfortunate that it has to but its been the refereeing or lack thereof that has been deciding these games.

Pennant got another drunk driving and car crash incident. The rumor mill said it was Ash Cole's Benz that he smashed. Just when he was about to be loaned to Brum. Now that is on hold and his Arsenal career is all but over I would imagine. Toure` is getting charged by the FA with elbowing Shearer. I saw the incident and it looked accidental to me. If we don't appeal he misses the Man Yoo game. We need to be full strength for that game.

congrats Mr.Chelseafan.

don't know wether to feel disappointed or not.

never thought MU were favourites after the 1st Leg as we would have to keep a clean sheet or scoring twice and i couldn't see that happening despite our good record lately.

Chelsea's Team was stronger but i was surprised at Utd's line-up,but frustrated again.

why does Fergie insist on playing 1 upfront in Home Games?,these are the Games they should be trying to dominate.

MU had a lot of possession early on but lacked the penetration and never troubled Cech.

Terry was class for Chelsea and Lampard was shockingly unmarked for his Goal.

said to the GF that 'if' MU scored i could see Chelsea scoring and i was not wrong.

would like to say that Giggs scored a blockbuster of a Goal,but i feel it was a trifle fortunate.

those type of chances can go anywhere and he was lucky that it went in the right place.

i must say that Duff's Goal was even more fortunate.

i'm certain he was not aiming for the corner but he did play a very good free-kick into the area.

any touch from any Player probably would have resulted in a Goal,but what was Howard playing at?.

no Chelsea Player attacked the ball or advanced towards the Goal and Howard was free to collect the Ball.

but he seemed to be looking at other Players more instead of the ball and when it went in he was standing behind the Goal-line.

to me it was an easy cross for him to gather.

Fergie's record of never losing a Domestic SF is now fucked up,but a good one while it lasted.

and the quicker that little prick Ronaldo pisses off the better.

has he ever heard of the phrase 'pass the ball'?.

and MU want to get rid of Giggs?.......sign him up for another 10 Years and sell Ronaldo i say.

at least Giggs has some feeling for the Club and tries to link up play.

Watching the game as an Arsenal fan and choosing a side was like watching the battle of Stalingrad and trying to choose 'tween Hitler and Stalin. In the end I was cheering for Man Yoo (you can make your own guess if Fergie is Hitler or Stalin...haha).

Lampard's goal was very bad marking indeed. Lamps does what Scholes does, comes from deep and makes late runs into the box. Giggs was a very fortunate goal and should make the highlight films or the goal of the week candidate.

I am not going to blame Howard for the last goal. Not cause he's a countryman..hehehe...but because the flight of the ball it wasn't quite sure if it was going to be headed. A ball coming from that far should have been headed by someone also there were 2 Chelsea guys there near the post. It was one of those strange things. No MUFC players were protecing the far post.

Saha had a bad game. He could have done better .

The old time Chelsea fans at the pub were as obnoxious as most Man Yoo fans in their heyday...hahaha...Chelsea has to play the CL on or about the 22nd of Feb, and the league cup final on the 27th so that may throw their league form off a bit.

The only possibly way for Arsenal to make this their year (and Man Yoo as well) is to win the CL. FA cup won't do it for either club. A strong finish in the league with wins on the trot and a CL final is the very least.

We're losing Toure` for the league game v. Man Yoo. We'll be weak at the back with Cygan and Almunia in. We'll need to score twice to get a win or a draw. I don't think with both those players in the back we'll keep a clean sheet at all. One goal conceded may be a good achievement in that game. If we play like we did v. the Toon, we'll do no worse than a draw. A draw will basically knock both clubs out of the race however.

sayjann said:

congrats Mr.Chelseafan.

don't know wether to feel disappointed or not.

never thought MU were favourites after the 1st Leg as we would have to keep a clean sheet or scoring twice and i couldn't see that happening despite our good record lately.

Chelsea's Team was stronger but i was surprised at Utd's line-up,but frustrated again.

why does Fergie insist on playing 1 upfront in Home Games?,these are the Games they should be trying to dominate.

MU had a lot of possession early on but lacked the penetration and never troubled Cech.

Terry was class for Chelsea and Lampard was shockingly unmarked for his Goal.

said to the GF that 'if' MU scored i could see Chelsea scoring and i was not wrong.

would like to say that Giggs scored a blockbuster of a Goal,but i feel it was a trifle fortunate.

those type of chances can go anywhere and he was lucky that it went in the right place.

i must say that Duff's Goal was even more fortunate.

i'm certain he was not aiming for the corner but he did play a very good free-kick into the area.

any touch from any Player probably would have resulted in a Goal,but what was Howard playing at?.

no Chelsea Player attacked the ball or advanced towards the Goal and Howard was free to collect the Ball.

but he seemed to be looking at other Players more instead of the ball and when it went in he was standing behind the Goal-line.

to me it was an easy cross for him to gather.

Fergie's record of never losing a Domestic SF is now fucked up,but a good one while it lasted.

and the quicker that little prick Ronaldo pisses off the better.

has he ever heard of the phrase 'pass the ball'?.

and MU want to get rid of Giggs?.......sign him up for another 10 Years and sell Ronaldo i say.

at least Giggs ha

s some feeling for the Club and tries to link up play.

Thanks Sayjann. I didn't see the game unfortunately as I was in the missus village in Pattana Nikhom, however, I asked about 10 people back in blighty to text me the results whilst I'm on holiday (just to make sure I get at least 1 text :) )...everyone one of them got through :D

I've read the match report on the BEEB and it looks like it wasn't a particualy enthralling game, will have to catch up with it when I get back.

I've always said Ronaldo is a waste of space, he has some great natural abilities, but time after time, I see him waste some brilliant possession. You are spot on, he needs to pass the ball around a lot more.

Well, I was surprised we won to be honest, I had pysched myself up for a loss, so when I found out the result, dead pleased, however, we've still got Liverpool to overcome and that's not going to be easy.... ::

I think Ronaldo was horrible when he first played for Man U.

He was everything but a teamplayer.

I must say that he has developed a lot and is much more of a teamplayer now. Still not what United needs but I say give him more time (and Fergie more time) to change his egoistic play into a more valuable player for the club.

He's very young, dumb, and talented. Be careful with what you intend to throw away because other clubs are lined up for a man with his abilities and last thing you'd need to do is strengthen your rivals. Give him time, gentlemen :)

Watched the game (with no sound in Xzyte), I dont know who the UK papers awarded the man of the match too, but I hope it went to Oakes, he played an absolute blinder....errr apart from the dodgy penalty :hubba: and a clinical finish from Ljundberg.

Not many attacks for Wolves, but I see lehmann nearly made a hash of a backpass

Archived