P4P in Cambodia, places to go?!

kamui

Guest lazyphil

in my times in patong, samui, CM, Hat Yai and bkk i cant recall seeing any underage, not saying its not there I'm sure it is, but without looking, within hours of being in PP and SR I saw several and they were not hidden away, a motodriver took me down some dusty roads with brothel shacks with doubtless girls which were obviously children, just my snapshot image of my times in SEA, not saying its how it is all the time.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nervous_Dog said:

Kids get 100 - 200 baht a night dancing, but there is a lot of other activities that seem to float around the scene.

I've never seen it, but I don't doubt it's there.

DOG

Are you saying that dancing at a concert is somehow a recruiting ground for P4P? What are these 'other activities'? How can you not doubt if never seen?-peter

What kind of visa do you have to get? The Thai consulate in Pnom Penh used to be OK but I've heard a lot of bad stories about it lately. If you just want a month then places like Poipet and Koh Kong you can be in and out in a few hours. But don't you have a bar in Pattaya? There's all kinds of minivans to the border and back. There's no need to expose yourself to any of the horrors of Cambodia at all. :)

chuckwoww said:

What kind of visa do you have to get? The Thai consulate in Pnom Penh used to be OK but I've heard a lot of bad stories about it lately. If you just want a month then places like Poipet and Koh Kong you can be in and out in a few hours. But don't you have a bar in Pattaya? There's all kinds of minivans to the border and back. There's no need to expose yourself to any of the horrors of Cambodia at all. :)

Yeah, I've got a couple of bars in Pattaya but still have to go out every 3 months.

I was looking at alternatives to the "car to the border" scenario. Also, I may have friends who want to see a different country / culture. Hell, I might even take my girlfriend to some place one time - I don't play around anymore anyway.

It just seems like a bit Wild West to me.

PP isn't Wild West at all for normal tourists (except the traffic ::), actually it's quite an easy going town. After the stress of a Megalopolis like BKK you will like it. PP is probably one of the most relaxed capitals in Asia. Especially the river front has a very pleasant flair and the National Museum is really fantastic (personally I rate Khmer sculpture way above Thai sculpture, but of course this is just my personal opinion). And don't think of PP in terms of Poipet. Poipet is a shit hole and I wouldn't be angry if Chuwit would replace it with a large parking lot (he should know how to do it :)).

By the way, McDonalds will enter Cambo soon. Go now before it becomes the more westernized feel of BKK.

Well don't go unless you really want to. If you get tired of fighting your way through the hordes of indentured underaged prostitutes you can always visit Angkor Wat for a break.

Incidentally I haven't been to PP for a couple of years. I think the Wild West days are long gone and that "Off the Rails" book was crap anyway. Better chance of getting mugged in Pattaya these days.

I understand the motodop guys are still happy to show anyone the places to avoid. :)

Guest lazyphil

<<By the way, McDonalds will enter Cambo soon. Go now before it becomes the more westernized feel of BKK. >>

What with the Indian restaurants all over the place here in Blighty and now Thai popping up everywhere, I almost feel like I'm in Asia when I open my front door, Amazing!.....then I walk down the road and see many Ford cars and then a Jeep, I'm transported to AMERICA....wow!

Archived