Writing contest

khunsanuk

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
khunsanuk said:

Hi,

After all the photo contests, I think it is time we had another writing contest as well.

Details are still a little sketchy at the moment, but here's what we have planned

Would really like to get some additional prizes, but nothing firm yet.

Then we have an evening in Gulliver's (I suppose, could be elsewhere if people prefer, maybe something more quiet) in which the stories are read out loud (preferably by the authors) and a panel of judges will then rate each of the stories.

As usual, suggestion and comments welcome.

Sanuk!

What are the chances this time around to set up a webcasting of the reading's? Most of the board members can't make it to the reading's but maybe something like a MSM messager ( conference) could be arranged. Using something like a laptop and hs internet connection. The remote reader can do his/her readings from their home using their own computers,cameras and mikes.

Of course, you would need to scout out a local site. But sometimes a wayward wireless connection can be found than exploited.. :hubba:

Someone would need to do a equipment check before. Could be fun if a camera and mike could be set up and viewers could tune into to watch. You could also save the broadcast and post it on this site later.

Shit.

ND,

"but maybe some don;t want their face on camera?"

Exactly my thoughts as well on this. I know I wouldn't be there if it was all on camera for anyone to see. Different when with just friends and for friends, but to connect face with boardname for anyone out there could be asking for trouble. Many weirdos on the net these days, as most have probably seen after being online a few years (hell, a few days even).

Cent

ND,

I think KS is going to let the members themselves here be the judges in a "poll" with the titles of the stories for voting the top three stories entered. 3 votes per member, top three vote getters win the top three prizes. Seems the fairest judging to me I'd think. He'll have to strip any signatures off the stories before posting them for the readers to read and judge once all entries are in. The stories should be judged for their merits and not by the author's name. So voting by title, all entries anonymous until the voting is complete (just like the photo contests), is the best way to go is my feeling on this. Should be fun for all.

KS? Your thoughts?

Cent

Archived