the new Football Season-2005/2006

sayjann

OK Guys,stop all these threads talking about one Game here and there.

let's start the official Football thread which should last all Season.

talk of all Competitions is allowed and even CBK will be allowed to talk about his beloved Leeds.......... :neener:

as KS does not take much notice of the Sports and Leisure Thread i think we should have all Football talk here and not waste the Broadband.,agreed?............

i'll probably post my 1st thoughts on my Team after Tuesday Night Game.

but i hope Sir Fergie takes the Game seriously,playing any Team in Europe who won their last Qualifying Round 8-0 om Agg should be shown respect.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

taken from another Thread.

'I woulnd't say Arsenal were better....after all they didn't win'

Arsenal won the FA Cup,but were they the better Team on the Day?.

Limbo.

MU have a problem with Player troubles this Season.

Keane is pissed off with some of his Teammates.

Rio is not popular with the Fans and i am sure not popular with some of the other Players.

RVN wants away and if that's his attitude then i say go,but i have picked him in the Fantasy Football League.

Sir Fergie thinks too much of Fletcher and i personally don't think he's as good as Sir Fergie thinks.

selling Neville could turn out to be a mistake,but i understand Phil's reasons for wanting to leave and i wish him good luck at Everton.

a real servant to MU in this Day and age of Foreign Mercenries.

but i do like the look of Park from what i saw in the Pre-Season Games and i hope young Rossi is given a chance this Season.

sayjann said:

taken from another Thread.

'I woulnd't say Arsenal were better....after all they didn't win'

Arsenal won the FA Cup,but were they the better Team on the Day?.

Big difference here as Arsenal were comprehensively outplayed.

The Arsenal of yesterday may of had more possession and huffed a little but our defence kept them at bay. I think both teams are evenly balanced - for different reasons though.

8 shots on goal is kept in check? Please then give us 8 shots on goal in 2 weeks...hehehehe....

The stats prove otherwise as I said in another thread. Neutrals didn't see it that way I think. The final ball is all we missed and its still early in the season.

8 shots, but how many were clear cut....1 :D

As I said, I think the teams are finely balanced...Arsenal have their attacking flair but less than impressive defense (compared to previous years), Chelsea on the other hand have a formidble defence but lack Arsenals flowing game. Each has their deficits and merits.

As for the game, it depends how you want to look at it. Mourinho's gameplan has always been to play patient football, allow the other team possesion (when necessary) and counter-punch. We will never have the fast dynamic pace of Arsenal - in fact there probably isn't a team on this planet that can match that - maybe barca on a good day, however, if you are looking at an all around team, I think Chelsea are as good as anyone these days.

ManU is taking a gamble waiting until next year for Ballack whom they supposedly have an oral agreeement with. Interesting that before SAF settled on Van der Sar, he first approached Brad Friedel, who didn't think his body could withstand the rigors of the EPL, Champions League, and FA Cup.

Archived