the new Football Season-2005/2006

sayjann

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hiya Steve....... :wave:

yes,i think Owen was bought for the Money he would bring in.

IMO he has done well at RM but will never displace Ronaldo and Raul as first choice striker.

his Games/Goals ratio was possibly the best in the Spanish League last Season but the Manager just does not like him.

Owen has to swallow his pride and leave.

if not to Liverpool then to another Club that really wants him..

Chelsea are taking the piss as usual.

Essien was a target a Year ago and would have cost half of what Chelsea paid.

but as soon as Chelsea get involved the price goes up and other Teams are left by the wayside.

i still think that Chelsea buy Players just for the sake of it to stop their rivals from getting them.

Chelsea's price for Tiago is just revenge for Lyon making them pay over the odds for Essien and the losses they have made on other Players transferred.

don't trust Kenyon.............he is a BARSTARD.

MU'S greatest supporter as he told all the Fans when at OT but soon ditched the Club when Roman came calling.

he soon told Chelsea of MU's Transfers targets and all about the wage structure etc and that has fucked up his 'beloved Team'............WHAT AN ARSEHOLE.

Wasn't Luxembergo the manager when Owen was bought? I don't remember, if he was, then it still doesn't explain why Owen is out of favor. If his goal scoring ratio to minutes was that good then he should have replaced Raul or Ronaldo or even if he was never intended to replace them, why put him possibly 4th or 5th choice behind Robinho and Baptista? It still all doesn't make sense.

Kenyon is a bastard. Robben was a target of Man Yoo's. In fact he had made a very public visit to Manchester and he was all but signed. Kenyon, from what I hear, went after him strictly to take the piss regarding his old employers. Remember they already had Duff as a left winger, why buy 2? He did the same to us. He made a last minute bid for Reyes, when he already had Duff and was after Robben. Why buy a 3rd left winger? He screwed you guys royally. Robben would have made a great long term replacement for Giggs.

My beef with Chelski is not just the money. Okay, they have a russian sugar daddy. I don't like it but that's how it is. My hatred comes from the tapping up (Cole) and going after rivals transfer targets. Its not enough that they just buy who they feel they need and compete on the pitch and the best club wins. They go out of their way to weaken their rivals. Between Mourinho, Buck (Roman's American lawyer) and Kenyon they have tried to weaken the game in my opinion by stifling competition for players.

Robinho will always be a favorite as long as Luxembergo, who formally coached him at Santos in Brazil, is at Real Madrid. Owen fits in better in the Premiership with the emphasis on long ball and the constant crossing into the box. Rafa should sell the disappointing Cisse to Houlier and Lyon(who have the money after selling Essien), which would create a spot for Owen. On another note, I really like the acquisition of the 6'7"Crouch. He will get the balls in the air that Liverpool wasn't able to get last year.

sayjann said:

points are awarded for games played/won/drawn and Goals scored in the last 5 CL Campaigns.

Chelsea just do not get into the top 8 on this criteria.

Whilst I understand this, surely Chelsea must be the most consistant team in the EC over the past 5 years, 2 semi-finals and 1 qtr-final.

I would of thought that would count for something..... :dunno:

sayjann said:

Chelsea are taking the piss as usual.

Essien was a target a Year ago and would have cost half of what Chelsea paid.

but as soon as Chelsea get involved the price goes up and other Teams are left by the wayside.

i still think that Chelsea buy Players just for the sake of it to stop their rivals from getting them.

Of course they do, thats business, whilst Abromvich is at the helm this is always going to happen, sure we paid over the odds, but does it matter ? not for us :D

Chelsea's price for Tiago is just revenge for Lyon making them pay over the odds for Essien and the losses they have made on other Players transferred.

Too bloody right, if Lyon ripped us of for Essien, then we'll do the same back to them

don't trust Kenyon.............he is a BARSTARD.

MU'S greatest supporter as he told all the Fans when at OT but soon ditched the Club when Roman came calling.

he soon told Chelsea of MU's Transfers targets and all about the wage structure etc and that has fucked up his 'beloved Team'............WHAT AN ARSEHOLE.

He did what anyone in business does, they look out for the better job....can't blame him, personally I think he's a decent chap :D

CS,

As others said above, Robinho was bought so Owen goes out. Robinho, Raul and Ronaldo are the three top strikers along with some young talent (forgot names) who'll get a few minutes in case of injuries. Owen has become the fifth wheel.

As for Baptista. He isn't a striker, and won't be used like one AFAIK, he's an attacking midfielder. Kind of like a Scholes in the good old days.

IMO my kind of players. Those I love to see playing, and I see him as Zidane's replacement in a season or two. He'll be playing with the master himself before taking over his duties.

And as for Newcastle, really surprised me they haven't yet bought a striker for this seasons since they're left with only three (includinh old Shearer) after selling Bellamy and Kluivert.

No financial problem I think so I'll blame it on very poor managing.

my problem with Kenyon is of his history at MU.

he always professed his love for MU and told how he used to stand on the Stretford End as a Boy and cheered for the 'greatest Club' in the World.

i have no problem with him moving on and earning a better wage elsewhere but it is the way he sold MU (his Club) down the river.

as Chief Exec he knows more than most about the inner workings and he soon took advantage and set out to compromise MU,and in case he had forgotten.........HIS CLUB since a Boy.

and he is a snake.

trying to tap up Ericksson for MU (thank fuck he failed on that one) and Chelsea.

trying to tap up Cole and i wonder how many others.

with the times Chelsea got into trouble last Season with the Authorities and the fines imposed by Uefa and the FA i wonder why he was never charged with anything.

is it because a Chief Exec is held blameless or does he know too many things about People?.

All this may be true, but even Man U asked me to join their board for a substantial sum, I'd jump at the chance, despite supporting Chelsea.

As for tapping up players/managers.....I dont believe you are naive enough to think that Man U never did this or any other club for that matter....The only difference is that we got caught.....

Kenyon may not be the nicest guy around, but he only did what any of us would do, move job for a better package.

I must say that some of his comments leave a little to be desired sometimes though

as i said earlier i have no problem for him going to another Club for a bigger wage/career prospects.

i just dislike him because he said he was MU's greatest Fan but was so quick to sell them down the river and expose their inside workings.

i understand your POV about about joining MU for a better wage but would you consider trying to destroy your beloved Chelsea by revealing all their secrets?.

no i am not that naive,i know that MU and probably every Club in the World does the same.

but i also have to agree with what Steve said about Chelsea buying Players for the sake of it and to stop any other Team getting their service.

do you honestly think that if Roman had not arrived that Chelsea would have attracted all those Players to your Team?.

up until his arrival Chelsea were probably a top 10 Team but now because of the wages offered they now consider themselves #1.

i don't think many of the Players would have joined if not for the inflated wages and the Fees paid which outbid other Clubs.

i agree that MU have overpaid for Players in the past (Rio and Rooney spring to mind) but then it was a Sellers market at the time.

Chelsea just do it for the sake of it.

i have to agree with Steve also.......fuck i hate saying that........that Winger has been very astute in his buying and he has been very successful in some of the 'unknown' Players he bought to Arsenal.

the Henry's/Anelka's/Vieira's and Ljunbergs were masterstrokes.

but anyway,off topic.

can't be bothered to look but when is the MU/Chelsea Game on the Telly?.

how about me travelling to London for the Day and we having a Beer while watching the Game...........:beer:

been a while since i have had a Beer in London whilst watching Football..........

Archived