the new Football Season-2005/2006

sayjann

Cygan scores a brace for Arsenal. The only other headline that would be any stranger would be 'Bush and bin Laden admit they are gay and will be each other's new life partner'.

While the chavs were giddy over beating woeful Albion, Wenger has given the boys a talking to and got them playing attacking footie again. Mark my words. Hleb will be a superstar and take the prem by storm. You read it here first. You'll know he's a top player because he'll be the one Scholes, Keane and Neville will be kicking when we play Man USA, they only kick those they fear (Reyes for example..hehehe). Reyes is back on form and was outstanding. Don't be afraid...be VERY afraid. Henry back to his imperious self as well. The attack seems to back on track and its going to be a few more of these 4 goal scorelines. The defense still concerns me but if we retain posession, we'll put less stress on the back line.

I think Chelski got the worse group. The only relatively easy game will be Anderlecht home, the rest will be tough. I'd rather go to Anfield than have to play Betis in Sevilla. Chelski will go through but they'll have to play an away league game after a hard fought CL game. Yes, they do have a big squad but you also have to have players that know how to play together or it will look like one of those charity matches or testimonials where its a bunch of superstars not knowing what the others are doing.

I really like our chances in the CL this season. I think we'll go farther than anyone thinks (Semi final). I've always said, Arsenal will do well in Europe in seasons where no one expects us to.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interestingly Forlan goes to Villeral and wins the golden boot award and Man U couldn't score goals last year.:banghead:Looks like SAF is grooming Alan Smith to eventually take over for Keane at midfield. I know he played the position at Leeds but it should be interesting.

I agree Hleb is a good prospect. but Jenus would have been a great replacement for Paddy. Now it looks like he's going to Tottenham. With him and Davids in the midfield, they finally have some toughness. Looks like the logjam at Chelski is starting to sort itself out with Jarosik and Tiago moving on. Now it looks like Carvalho may be next. Why pay 20 million for a defender to put in the stands? With the World Cup coming up, he needs to play regularly like another player by the name of Owen.

CS,

Benfica won't be mugs.

You'd be (and WILL be) surprised about my club's international comeback. They have strengthened their squad with some fresh blood and will make it through the group stages without too much effort.

If Man USA aren't careful they're going to lose that first spot to MY BENFICA! :D

Sayjann,

Linbo and I are your enemies indeed. Is there anything specific you hate about us Dutchies? :)

I'll get you in the fantasy league in a few week's time.

:beer:

i love the Dutch........... :beer:

my favourite European Country and i wished i lived in a more Liberal environment.

lost my Virginity to a Dutch Girl.............. :grinyes::up::worship:

enemies indeed but only when it comes to Fantasy Football... :yay:

as long as i beat you (as i did last Season) i will be happy...... ::

i have to be honest and admit i don't know much about the current Benfica Team but i would expect MU to beat them at OT and get a Draw in the SOL (but did i read somewhere they had moved Stadiums?)

F.C. Thun are on the up...........

nothing expected of them so they can play that carefree Football i love.

and as they are playing 3 Teams whose best Days are behind them they should do well.

i look forward to the headlines when they beat the Arse at Highbury........... :grinyes:

i see Mourinho is moaning again,i thought Sir Alex was bad enough but Jose is soon becoming the master of the moan.

he now complains that Chelsea were not seeded for the CL and it is unfair because his Team are PL Champions.

so........Juventus won La Liga and they were not seeded either.

you have to earn the right to be seeded.

apart from Liverpool who were seeded as they were the Holders,the other seeds are decided on results in the last 5 Years.

points are awarded for games played/won/drawn and Goals scored in the last 5 CL Campaigns.

Chelsea just do not get into the top 8 on this criteria.

and WTF is the story about Owen?.

Benitez got rid of him last Season as he didn't figure in his plans.

Owen failed to displace Ronaldo and Raul in the Madrid side and now knows he is fucked.

he wants to return to England as it is a WC Year and he knows he needs regular Football.

i don't see the problem as Sven would pick him for every Game even if he had 2 broken legs........

i can only go on what i see in the Media but to me he thinks he is bigger than what he is.

Chelsea,Arsenal and MU are not interested and his saying that he would only go to Newcastle on loan is disrespectful to the Toon.

he should be grateful that anyone is prepared to sign him.

i understand him not wanting to go to Everton but i think the mindset of returning to Liverpool could be a mistake.

i personally don't think that Benitez wants him back and if he was to return (i think against Benetiz's wishes) he could still find himself out in the cold in a few Games.

and if Benitez was forced to accept his return then how would that affect his relationship with the Board?.

i think Owen is too full of himself...............

Sayjann,

Benfica does he a fine team but I think (unfortunately but honestly) that the CL comes to early. They bought new blood, changed their style a little as well as a new coach. This all takes times to grow together but with a little luck and hard work on the training grounds it should be possible to reach 2nd round.

As for the Fantasy League... you and Limbo sure have balls to even THINK of having a chance to beat me. No way this season boys since I'll be checking my team weekly (something I didn't have time for last year)

:beer:

I have a question that no one at my pub seems to be able to answer and perhaps the collective footie minds on this thread can. Its my understanding that Real Madrid bought Owen for similar reasons they bought Becks. 1) for his football skills and 2) to sell shirts to asian school girls.

Owen produced on the pitch and as far as I know sold a fair number of Owen shirts for the club. So why is he out of favor? His goals to minute ratio was very good. Can someone shed some light on that for me?

It seems Kenyon may be trying to cheat Lyon. They have changed the valuation for Tiago now that they have gotten Essien. Doesn't suprise me at all.

Sayjann, if I had a choice of beating Man USA and finishing 3rd behind them or losing to Man USA and finishing above them in the table...well, lets just say our league table results already answers my question....hehehehe....plus we won the fa cup over you guys....hehehe....

Wenger has been accused of moaning but he backs up his statements with facts. Mourinho talks about conspiracies in the FA about fixture scheduling. He's been in the league a year and he knows already? laughable.

Hoping for the scum down 7 sisters road to take care of the blue scum from SW6 this weekend.

I don't want to get accused of making up stories again ::

LYON have blasted Chelsea for increasing their asking price for Tiago.

The French champions want the Portuguese midfielder to replace Michael Essien, who moved the other way for £24.4million earlier this month.

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas met Tiago, 24, and his agent Jorge Mendes in Monte Carlo at the start of the week, but negotiations have broken down over the size of the fee.

Aulas said: ?Tiago was the priority following the departure of Michael to Chelsea. But we are a little bit irritated by the raising of the price.?

Lyon, meanwhile, have decided against a move for Toulouse?s Achille Emana, 23, who is a possible transfer target for Arsenal.

Toulouse announced in a statement that Lyon were no longer interested in the Cameroon-born player.

Archived