Good girl night out

stumpy

Take her to tankay issan, if she don't like that i'd drop her. Posh places I don't know but the thai restaurant in the landmark is said to be very good and romantic, or how about a river meal cruise in the evening? That lemongrass restaurant is good, bit touristy but OK, on soi 24. I don't think I'd recommend the blue elephant at surasak though. Thai girls all like to go to the movies, maybe treat her to those special seats where they come round with a drink.

I have to agree with Liquid Flux. Who knows? Maybe she WOULD enjoy a nice lesbian show, and it would be good to disover that right away, good in many ways.

Otherwise, Tawandaeng Music Hall is always a safe bet.

I suggest Suan Lum Night Bazzar - get off at Lumpini MRT (Subway Station), and ask to be directed to the main SL-NB beer garden seating area (there is also a separate Tiger Beer beer garden - simply pass through that to the main beergarden).

Starting at 7:30 pm, the stage acts come on - singers and backup dancers. Some of the dancers make the very best go-go dance contest winners look lame. VERY hot.

You can get about 20 different kinds of draft beer - the servers almost trip over you trying to keep your drinks flowing (and some of the servers are HOT). Both sides of the beergraden are lined with food stands - it runs by a coupon system for food.

With cooler weather now here - this make for a very good night out. The crowd is usually about 10% farang, 90% Thai. I went twice - had a great time both times. 'Will be back frequently over the next couple months.

The Thais are not your "trendy disco" snobs - but still lots of "gtg"s - office workers, uni students, birthday groups.

I drank mostly Weizenbier - about 180 baht for a 0.5 liter glass (I think). You can also buy their equivalent of a "jug" - a strange contraption with the beer in a clear cylindrical "tower" - said beer then travels through tubes that are immersed in ice/icewater that also surrounds the bottom of the beer chamber. Out of which comes - cold beer!!!

Very easy to get to - and lots of other stuff to look at, at the Night Bazzar.

The Fighting Fish

i would recommend 1. once upon a time (across from pantip plaza down that soi....2. baan kanita - the ruam rudee one is better than the one on soi 23 3. fugi - japanese but GTGs like it...4. condoms and cabbages (it might put her in the mood for six months from now) is always a safe bet for good thai food though higher prices than it should be...

There is plenty to choose from in bkk...

CB

Archived