Siem Reap Hotel Recommendation ?

INTJ

Hi,

Heading up to Angkor next week for the first time and looking for a decent hotel in the $20-$30 range, clean and in a good location. Perhaps the SR version of "Flamingos" if there is such a thing ?

Also, is there any nightlife to speak of in Siem Reap ?

Thanks,

INTJ.

Stayed at Victory Guest House on my visit to SR, room was $7US and had big bed, AC, and full bathroom w/hot water.

From my experience there SR is much different from PP. First off it is more expensive, Im assuming because the large amount of tourist to the temple complex's. As far as nightlife is concerned there are a fair amount of bars, I forget the name of the street they are on. But they were just normal bars with no working ladies. Maybe I was just going to the wrong ones, but it didnt look to me like there was a good P4P scene going on in SR. There are a few local massage places. The ones I visited, cant remember the names now had 10 or so not very good looking girls sitting on chairs and looking rather bored. Plus the price was outrageous for Cambodia. I tried to negotiate with the manager and he told me this is not PP. So, I left.

The temples and sights around SR are well worth the visit. If you are looking for female companionship just bring your favorite girl from PP.

Hope you have a great time and bring back some good info to share with the rest of the board.

Two Dragons is probably the most famous Guest house in SR, since the owner runs the Tales of Asia board, but since he only received very good reviews it might be worth a try.

Last time I stayed at the Red Piano and did not like it much. The atmosphere is very sterile and they don't have neither a real lobby wher you can have beer and a small talk with fellow guests nor do they offer breakfast (I hate to leave a hotel before breakfast, especially if you have to walk down a muddy road in the rain season).

But I liked the Ivy II guest house very much, were I had a very nice wooden room with fan and bath w/ shower. Very laid back atmosphere and friendly staff.

• 2 weeks later...

In March, I stayed at Molly Malones on the pub street. http://www.mollymalonescambodia.com/

Hot water, fan and AC that worked. Pub on the first floor has good food including breakfast and is a good place to watch the world go by. They do advertise that they are family friendly, but I never really had cause to ask if that meant what I thought it meant--no guests. They did miss on the promised airport pick-up.

As mentioned, the P4P is not that open in the immediate area. Did see one working girl in the ZanziBar but she definitely wasn't anything to leave LOS for.

For some infor on p4p in SR check my trip report (beejay ....)

I stayed in a more remote area golden orange hotel. American owned, clean, good and comfy, 20usd all in.

recommended

http://www.talesofasia.com/cambodia-goldenorange.htm

quite near to Rosy guesthouse (does also have good reviews)

http://www.rosyguesthouse.com/

good luck hunting !!

Archived