...so be warned in Cowboy II!

SatRai

Hi guys,

When visiting Cowboy II in Soi Cowboy, watch out for the little waitress (I think her name is *name removed*).

When more than one girl come sit with you, this waitress brings lady-drinks for ALL the girls WITHOUT asking you explicitly. This is what happened to me 2 nights. And I wasn't able to tell her that I did NOT order these drinks for her understanding of English was very bad.

Also be warned that some of the dancers are rather aggressive (compared to girls in other bars).

But of course: you and your little friend can have a good time there.

This happens in Toy Bar, Moonshine Joint and Afterschool as well as probably others. You walk in, sit down and are immediately besieged by half a dozen girls. Then after a few minutes, or is it seconds, the serving wench behind the bar asks you to buy ladies drinks for all the girls. You have to be firm if you don't want a massive bill and so if you are specific about who is getting a drink the ones who aren't fuck off pretty damn quickly. Which is always fine by me.

Simple, BG approaches with drink you didn't buy then just turn her away and don't let the chits go into your bin and especially do not "cheers" with her. Problem solved. Happens to me occasionally, not often. They complain, but they soon realize it's pointless and give up this devious little scam. This can happen in about any bar.

I was once in Afterskool with three friends (including Munchy up there and Candyfloss) and we had a kitty going, in fact the kitty had just started. Me, Munchy and the other bloke nipped over the road, to one of the other bars for what we thought was only 1/2 hour or so. When we were on our way back to Afterskool we saw Candyfloss being marched down to the ATM by the mamasan. Candy had been right royally fleeced of the entire kitty and some more.

what I do in the rare occasions I visit such places and I'm enveloped by a swarm is this: "okay, who speaks X language?" the ones who don't, I shoo away.

you could easily modify this for province of origin if you know a little thai geography. call out, "okay, who's from loei?" "who's from nakhorn sawan?" keep going until you get one or two pairs of hands up, and boot the rest. for heaven's sake, don't say "who's from roi et" or "who's from buriram" unless you want to keep and buy drinks for the whole flock, haha!

a friend of mine has a related ploy: he comes up with some simple game of chance: pick a number, pick a card, draw "straws" (in his case, toothpicks, if I remember correctly). being thai, they will accept the fact that they lost the game of chance as some cosmic mandate, and walk away gracefully. also, remember they LOVE games.

preahko

SatRai

I think that you should make serious complaints to the govt. Not just on NP.

It is amazing to me that you could be overcharged for drinks and drinks brought to your table that you did not order. You were right to not dispute it at the time and wait until time to settle the bill. Again...you should bring this to the attention of the nearest Thai embassy once you are safely back in India.

Aggressive bargirls- this is very frightening. Thanks to your warning I will tell everyone I know to avoid Cowboy II for the next few years.

Thanks for helping me to understand how this place works.

May that server bitch *name removed* rot in hell....and I appreciate the fact that after having a problem one night you chose to go back a second time just to confirm it was not a good idea. Not many board members would make the sacrifice you did two nights in a row.

Bangkoktraveler

That is one idea. We could also have a thread on posters who are not yet ready for Bangkok.

Maybe a thread as well on Thai Embassy contacts around the world where truly justified comlpaints- like the server bitch from hell *name removed* - could be brought to the attention of the appropriate authorities.

alohasiam said:

This happens a lot in less popular shops mentioned above. Girls are so hungry for some income.

In plenty of bars, the gals have an assigned quota. If they can't get enough lady drinks, their salary is reduced accordingly. Can't blame them for trying, though it is a pain in the arse when they try it on you.

Archived