UEFA Champions League

ultras67

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You dont always get what you deserve in football. Thats not an excuse just an observation. Arsenal outplayed PSV for 2 games and got beat. Thats football.

Its not a problem, a young team who will only get better. I was proud that a 18year old and 19 year old controlled the midfield in a CL game. The only problem is we cant score or take are chances lately. However a very good team they are still.

They will only better.

This is how progress is made. We know ythe problem and I know the players and the manager are astute enough to solve it. IOt wont happen overnight but it will the more they play together.

Man U had problems for the last 3 seasons but they addressed them one by one and now are back as strong as ever. I remember before Arsenal won the league the 2nd time we had a season where our play wasnt getting rewarded because we could nt score.

But it will come. All teams get their time if they are good enough and I do think the Arse are good enough.

Well done PSV. After Arsenal scored they came out and attacked. About time it was 15 mins beforethe end of the second tie. But good tactics.

well done Man U. i think it might be their season in this competition. There isnt any team that stands out. Alot of teams good win it.

the thoughts about Arsenal are that they play too much 'pretty' Football.

a lot of people think they are the Team which plays the most attractive Football but they just go a touch too far.

they like to try and walk the ball into the net.

people scream at them to shoot from distance.

Henry out for a few Weeks now and probably not a real problem.

out of all Compies and should get 3rd or 4th spot.

i'm still a little concerned about MU.

no Saha and OGS for a Month and Larsson leaving after the Boro Game.

Scholes missing for 3 Games and that means 3 Goalscorers missing.

Rooney will have to play the front Man and not his ideal position.

at least Saha and OGS should be back for the next round of the CL but wether they are match fit is another matter.

i still have an open mind about Larsson.

can't quite decide wether he was a big success at MU or not.

3 Goals in 3 different Compies is a remarkable record.

scoring in his first and last Game at OT is also good.

i look forward to seeing him play next Week.

but i wish he was staying for a little while longer,he's still a class act.

but he seems an honourable Man by keeping his promise to return to Helsingborg and his Family.

Chelsea,Liverpool,Bayern Munich, AC Milan,PSV Eindhoven,Roma and Valencia are the other Teams left in the Compie.

sorry Zaad but i wouldn't mind facing PSV,i still think we are better then them.

would like to avoid Milan and Bayern,not really sure how good Roma and Valencia are.

and of course now the English Clubs can play each other and avoiding Chelsea and Liverpool would not be a bad thing.

but if you are going to win the CL then you have to beat whoever you play.

agree 100%, the number of times I was shouting at Hleb to shoot lastnight. very frustrating.

Man U certainly have the game to beat PSV. They have that killer instinct that the ARse miss. Hopefully we will get it in time.

Now would be a good time to put a bet on the treble for Man Utd.

Junglesoup,

I agree, any one of the teams left could win the competition. As a Man U fan I would say however, that if Fergie continues to mess around with his formation, we will be out at the next stage whoever we face.

After watching the match last night (which was the worst Utd performance i've seen), it is so obvious that 442 is the only way we can play. I think we stand a chance against anyone like that. Carrick has been poor though, takes the easy option to many times.

I would take Munich or PSV in the draw, want to stay clear of Liverpool or Chelsea.

Probably noone has seen Munich vs Real, but the referee was a bloody cunt, the penalty for Real 10 minutes before the end was ridiculous. Seems he has noticed that after sending of 2 players and decided offside or something other riduculous when real scored the 2:2!

However the penalty almost changed the game, Munich was never in danger at the entire game. Maakay scored after 10 seconds, must be a record or something!!!

Yes Champions League record timed at 10.2 seconds. Are you a Munich fan CT? I visited the stadium last year just before the World Cup, very nice. Did the whole tour thing.

Its quite nice to see them struggling in the league as well, post - Ballack era. :)

'Now would be a good time to put a bet on the treble for Man Utd'

it was around this time in the Year in 1999 i laid out £20 on a Yankee on MU doing the treble.

i remember the Morning after the win in the Nou Camp i walked into the breakfast room proudly waving my betting slip above my head.

i think i won around £520.........drinks were on me.

i looked at the odds of MU winning all 4 around Oct last Year and if i had done a £1 Yankee the quadruple would have paid out over £18,000.

even now at those odds the Treble would pay out over £4,000.

i just wish i had more confidence in my Team.......

'if Fergie continues to mess around with his formation, we will be out at the next stage whoever we face'

i've been saying that Fergie is fucking around too much all Season when it comes to Europe.

i just don't understand why he is cautious when playing at Home and having just 1 Man upfront.

gonna be a bit different now as most of our Forwards are missing.

CT.

only saw highlights of the Game but i have to agree with you.

the penalty was a joke,the RM Player was behind the BM Player and just a tangle of legs.

and i can't see why he felt the need to send the Players off,just silly pushing and jostling.

Fez

I am rather a Werder Bremen fan and a total KSC (Karlsruher SC [2nd division 1st place])

But when Bayern Munich wins it is of course good for Germanies ranking and since they are underdogs in The Budnesliga now I keep my fingers crossed for en exciting comeback. Only 6 points away from the top now!

I was at the Allianz Arena when Germany played Sweden at the World Cup, that is one hell of a stadium especially when I compare it to my home stadium in Karlsruhe, lol! I would have liked to take the tour but it was obviously to crowded but I have seen 3 different documentaries! Bayern really got something there, it is probably not the biggest but this glowing skin makes you feel like on mars!

Sayjann,

thanx for agreein, I almost thought I am the only one because I have watched it with 9 english blokes who of course hated the German Team and called me stupid for complaining! We all know I am stupid but not for this reason ;)

'i've been saying that Fergie is fucking around too much all Season when it comes to Europe.

i just don't understand why he is cautious when playing at Home and having just 1 Man upfront.

gonna be a bit different now as most of our Forwards are missing.'

Exactly! What is the point of playing Rooney on the left and Giggs upfront?? It is no coincidence that Rooney hasn't scored in Europe since making his debut a couple of years back when he is stuck out on the left wing.

Since Fergie won the EC in 1999 (playing a 4-4-2) he has over complicated his tactics when everyone knows Utd can only play one way...4-4-2. 4-4-3, 4-5-1 or however he wishes to call it never works and totally ruins our style of play.

Archived