UEFA Champions League

ultras67

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It may not be very fashionable these days, but I rather like Chelsea, and rate Mourinho very highly - would love to see him take over the England job when McLaren gets the boot. I think its nice to see his efforts to put a side together capable of winning the Champions League actually bearing fruit. I don't think Ballack and Shevchenko were brought in to produce the goods week in and week out in the Premier League and he has taken a lot of flack over those transfers, but stuck by players he believed in, not slavishly, in the 'untouchables' gang just to show his critics who is boss, but developing them as crucial parts of his squad and getting better results out of them at the end of the season when it really matters.

I think this is going to be a great competition now, though I don't know if it will have the same appeal to the rest of Europe. Then again, few football fans of any origin could fail to have been entertained by the sheer beauty and drama of last night's 2 games.

3 English and 1 Italian team!

Bayern started well and missed 2 good opportunities!

Bayern was TRYING to make the game but wasn't really dangerous! Milan shot on the goal twice and scored! 2nd goal was offside but it was a close call, can't blame the ref. Oh well, I am happy Munich is having a clean slate next season, seems they are selling Hargreaves to Manchester and get 35 million Euros for him (lol) Salihamzidc leaves for Turin, Pizarro goes to Bremen, Karimi, Scholl, Santa Cruz... all will leave! Good

Seems Munich is going to invest 50 Millions from their savings and everything they get from the transfers. Should be able to buy for 100 million next season! That is really necessary, Bayern is just 2nd class compared to ManU and Milan!

I think ManU is a couple of levels ahead of everyone right now! You don't beat Roma 7:1 very easy, they had the best defense in the entire champions league!

I believe Milan and ManU will play the final!

Milan are ice cold motherfuckers, Chelsea is growing together this season but they are not on a top level yet!

I am still in Seventh Heaven,

Maybe I am reading This with Red tinted glasses but Umberto Gandini sounds a little bit defeatist in it.

"I think it is one of the most fantastic clashes you can have in Europe."

Milan came close to missing the competition following the fallout from the match-fixing scandal in Italy and Gandini says the club are not getting carried away by talk of lifting the trophy.

"It is step by step," he noted. "We are in the semi-final, we were almost not in the competition at all and now we are two games from the final.

"The only thing I can say is that it is a great achievement for the players and the club."

Looking back to Tuesday out of the 8 Goals I thought De Rossi's was the best, but I suppose it is easy to admit that after that result.

I think ManU is a couple of levels ahead of everyone right now! You don't beat Roma 7:1 very easy, they had the best defense in the entire champions league!

I believe Milan and ManU will play the final!

Milan are ice cold motherfuckers, Chelsea is growing together this season but they are not on a top level yet!

Do you mean Man U/ Milan will be like the final? or really will be. Because Man U play Milan in the semis and Chelski/Liverpool the other, so Man U can t play Milan, but maybe you mean its worthy of the final CT,

cheers.

i wonder how Fergie will play the Semi's in regard of Scholes?.

will he pick him for the 1st leg and 'instruct' him to get a late booking to ensure he misses the 2nd leg?.

Scholes has already missed one Final and i'm sure Fergie would want him to play in the Final if MU get there.

if Scholes plays in the 1st Leg and escapes a booking i wonder if he will be picked for the 2nd Leg?.

a lot will depend on the result of the game at OT i suppose.

i know a cynical way of thinking but it has happened before in football and i'm sure will happen again.

Archived