Euro/American Buffet

Old Hippie

I have had a request to take a friend for a "Euro or American style Buffet" when in Los Next month. Any Suggestions? We hit the Bioyoke (sp) sky tower last time, good food+view and not a bad price really. But a "new place" has been requested. Dinner, lunch, or brunch are all options. Looking in the 400-500bht range, or so, but will concider anything good...

I think nowadays you can try any of the major hotels. One that I often take my classes to is at the Narai Hotel on Silom Road. Very cheap at 270 baht net for lunch and 290 baht net for dinner. However, it is about 25% western food, 25% Japanese, and 50% Thai.

I hate to keep making plugs for Santos' places, but Warbler's has a buffet almost every night for under 200 baht. Here again the mix is Western with some Indian and Thai dishes. The best one is Friday evenings starting around 7:30pm.

Again, if he is looking for strictly Western food, he needs to try the 4-5 star hotels.

I know i posted it before, but o always thought the buffets at the Oriental and Shangri-La truly a gastronomical feat, from hors d'oeuvre to deserts. Last time i went, my thai G/F treated me so i can't put a ptice on it but definitely in the 1000+ experience after you add up a few beers and tax/service. Still, by western standards, quite a treat, and very classy, by the river, away from the naughty sex tourists of Sukhumvit. LOL maak....

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the Landmark buffet is around 700 baht.

I only point this out because the original poster specified the 400-500 baht range.

Incidentally, normally the Landmark is well worth it. But I had one night there where the food seemed substandard. Particularly with respect to the selection available at the grill.

[ November 05, 2001: Message edited by: Lamock Chokaprret ]

Landmark sounds like a winner! I'll give it a shot next time. As for the price range, that is more of a guide line. What type of food dominates the buffet there? or is pretty much a mix? Also, is any particular night better than another? Also, is there a "dress code" Thanks again!

old hippie,

Landmark is actually very good at american/euro cuisine. It is on the pricey side. I believe that during lunch, the price is half, so about 350baht. I'm not sure so don't hold me to that. I don't think there was a dress code. Wear pants instead of shorts just in case. smile.gif" border="0

Not sure about the lunch price break at Landmark myself. I think all nights are supposed to be equal, but as I think I said, some are definetly better than others.

Incidentally, right now they have a big banner out front that says something like:

"If four guests or more enjoy dinner take 15 percent off your check."

Don't know if this applies to the buffet though. The big question in my mind is, what if you don't enjoy the food? Do you still get the 15% off?

Archived