#1 v #2

BadaBing

Michigan and Ohio State will play for all the ( bottles :drunk: ) this coming saturday , Nov 18th. This is semi-personal intended for my buddy Pom Michael. You got the last one from me , time for ( i'm eating crow on this one ) I WANT THAT BOTTLE BACK !! ;) No points needed , don't want or need them !

Yay or Nay ? Time to put on the glove's brother :cool:

" Hail! to the victors valiant

Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes

Hail! Hail! to Michigan

the leaders and best

Hail! to the victors valiant

Hail! Hail! to Michigan,

the champions of the West!

We cheer them again

We cheer and cheer again

For Michigan, we cheer for Michigan

We cheer with might and main

We cheer, cheer, cheer

With might and main we cheer!

Hail! to the victors valiant

Hail! Hail! to Michigan,

the champions of the West! "

May this tune ring in your ears !!! :D

Bada I love to hate Ohio State Bing ;)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bada,

Don't torture yourself. You have everything going for your side. #2, the underdog, on the road. That is a sure thing for a Mich-OSU game.

Ohio State "Across the Field"

Fight the team across the field

Show them Ohio's here,

Set the earth reverberating

With a mighty cheer,

Rah! Rah! Rah!

Hit them hard and see how they fall,

Never let that team get the ball,

Hail, hail, the gang's all here,

So let's win that old conference now.

"Buckeye Battle Cry"

In old Ohio there's a team

That's known throughout the land

Eleven warriors brave and bold,

Whose fame will ever stand.

And when the ball goes over,

Our cheers will reach the sky,

Ohio Field will hear again

The Buckeye Battle Cry!

Drive, Drive on down the field,

Men of the scarlet and gray;

Don't let them through that line,

We've got to win this game today,

COME ON OHIO!

Smash through to victory,

We cheer you as you go!

Our honor defend we will fight to the end

for OHIO!

Actually, the words are silly - it must be the music and the atmosphere of Gameday Saturday (or maybe the beer) that makes it special.

Loser buys the bottle, but winner has to throw the biggest party on Soi 33!

Go Bucks!

Guess i'll need to bringing 2 , L , XL or XXXXXXXXXXXXXL , for my red-headed step-child to the south , Toledo is a fine city to be from , don't be embarrassed son , admit it , your from " firecracker town america " :spin:

Yeeeeeeee :beer: Haaaaaaw

GO BLUE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was the BCS outcome I was afraid of--a replay of the game we just saw. Behind #1 & #2 there is no worthy team. Last week, the promising teams (#3, #4, #5) all lost making a nice gap. And there will be more fallout among the teams that have bubbled up before it's over. Now this week is the last week of the season for #1 vs #2. Unless it is a major blowout (and maybe even then) I have to think the loser is #2. Because how can you knock a team down the order because they lost to the best team in the nation? Great game next week and what a climax for the Big 10. But I don't fancy a repeat in the BCS. I mean what if the other team wins in that game? What does it mean to play your last two games to a stalemate with the opponent? That would not be convincing but whoever wins last will take the championship making the winner of this upcoming game a bit meaningless.

And then who is going to tell Rutgers and Boise St "sorry guys, you had an undefeated season, but never had the strength of schedule to prove your worth to the BCS system so you are out. You have no chance of ever winning the championship no matter how good you are. Those are the rules". This ridiculous system has got to go!

IF (BIG "IF") USC can win it's last three against two good teams (and what should be an "inspired" UCLA team/cross-town rival), I'd look for USC to be #2. In looking over past Rose Bowl scores for the last 50 years, Big 10 teams from Ohio State and Michigan haven't fared very well against Pac 10 teams. Ohio State is 4-6 and (WTF?) Michigan is a super 5-11. In short, the REAL championship game might be in the Rose Bowl this year. Will be another 16 days before we know.

Like I said, USC gotta run the table.

HH

One of my regular golf buddies is an Ohio State alum. We have a late tee time on Saturday and, at the bar tonight, we just agreed to walk off the course when the game starts. This one should be too good to miss!

If it's a close game, I believe there can be a BCS rematch, it just depends what happens elsewhere.

USC, I'm rooting for them, but I don't think so.

USC, I'm rooting for them, but I don't think so.

Well, I'm rooting for USC also. But, to tell you the truth (and I've seen them play about 5 games this year), I'm pressed to say that it's a "top 10" team. Top 20, yeah. But much over-rated. Still riding the tails of the teams of the last 3 years.

HH

Looking at all the top teams right now I'd say USC stands the closest possibility of making it to #2, though it is a long shot. They would have to win the rest of their games, and as they have not been that convincing this season even this is doubtful especially as they have to get through Cal, Dame, and UCLA. They also would want OSU to blow out Michigan as an insurance policy. Again, doubtful but may be needed. If these things happen I could see USC getting a #2 ranking in the polls, but even then the other variable is what the computers will do from there. I hope USC threads the needle since it would be more interesting and decisive than watching a repeat game.

Archived