Prison boxing

Bkkbound04

The very enlightened penal system has a prisoner about to undertake a professional boxing bout.

She apparantly is quite good..although her boxing record is a bit of a mystery, given she'd no history of professional boxing before entering prison.

Prison life..

I'd be fascinate to know who her manager is and where her fees get banked?

JP

I think that was a woman fighter Flash, and she lost, so has to serve out her time...wonder what warden/official lost money on that one...

In The USA, There have been fighter that have come out of Prisions...Rahway Pentenrty in New Jersey had 1-2 of them, forget their names.

In The USA, There have been fighter that have come out of Prisions.

Mike Tyson :boxing:

I watched a documentary on Lebanon Correctional Facility last night. Think it's in Ohio. Nasty life. They then showed a story about some other place which was built predominantly for gangs somewhere in San Francisco. I believe outside war, prisons are one of the giggest growth industries in the USA.

The US has an unbelievably high figure for % of the population in prison. The main reason is the imprisonment of people for non-violent crimes, offenders who could very well be out on probation. Instead, violent criminals are more likely to get an early release because of prison crowding. :(

p.s. When I was an uni undergrad, a 20 year old gal in Santa Barbara was sentenced to FIVE YEARS in prison for being found with a few marijuana cigarettes in her purse. The judge said he wanted "to make an example" of her. (Then he probably went back to his chambers and had a stiff drink.)

Archived