Nightmare airlines

Fidel

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Jungle Soup,

This all happened about 4 years back.

The other Irish guy, the only other European on the flight, also an English teacher but working in Laos, who was also home for Christmas, from my home county, roughly the same age, and with the same surname, had given me his e-mail address, and I promised to pay him back the 300 baht.

I lost his e-mail address, but about 18 months ago when I was working in Laos, I asked around about the guy. It turned out that he was well known about town.

I met up with him, paid him back the 300 baht (80,000 Kip)and spent many nights on the session with him in Vientiane.

"I know, I know. But keep in mind, at the time I was an English teacher on about 25,000 baht a month! "

It's alright Fidel, we're all glad that since those disturbing events so characteristic of a rough but fond discovery of SEA you had this awesome socioprofessionnal breakthrough to become the first "thai360 stuck in shithole but not worse than fucking America Islamabad"

Don't feel complexed BTW, service in TG F is by all accounts becoming unbearably poor

:cussing:

Hi Kojis (mean-spirited little cunt :D ),

I suppose that you, having spent a lot of time in Pakistan, are in the perfect position to make such a statement.

Sorry to hear that deteriorating standards of service are beginning to impact upon even the wealthier members of this brotherly thai360 community of ours!

:grin:

My goodness that trip sounds like a sequeal to the Steve Martin / John Candy movie "Planes, Trains and Automobiles". Only difference being you had enough heartache with just the planes that the trains and automobiles were not necessary.

I flew Biman on a domestic flight within Bangladesh from Dhaka to Syhlet. If you think their international service is bad you should see the domestic. There wasn't even a security check before going on the plane. :doah:

The moral of the story is "don't be an english teacher in Thailand"......

That was the causation of all problems....

CB

Hi CB, while this particular inconvenience may have resulted from my career choice, all in all, teaching in Thailand was a positive experience.... It allowed me to stay in a place I loved for 4 years. Wouldn't have done it for much longer though!

I met too many guys who started teaching English in Thailand up to 15 years earlier, when they were in their early 20s. Pretty poor employment prospects now, and they all want out of teaching.

Archived